Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Post by Googly »

That Mawoza fellow aka Makoni is trying to spread the story that Taylor gets 450k per season :lol:
Again to divide and rule.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m fairly sure he’s on about 10k a month and Jarvis will be on a bit less. What I’m curious about is how tax works and whether it’s legal to receive forex. Those Tax vultures will be all over them. Their take home in real terms will be a lot less than that. The brown envelope players won’t be far off them I can tell you that for sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s a distraction from what everyone knows the big dogs in admin are awarding themselves and it’s interesting that Encore has brought up a topical discussion when he’s supposedly so far away. :lol: They’re earning ten times what most of the centrally contracted guys are getting and 20 times what the franchise guys get paid.
The administrative talent is getting everyone worked up about BT’s salary and ignoring theirs. It’s easy to do- he’s a white guy. :lol: When none are left it will be a trickier sell, but it will now be tribal.
One thing I can guarantee is that they won’t be paid up until the end of their contracts unless the games line up for them so they’re required. Everyone on contract here gets stuffed, it’s just the degree that changes.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

encore wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:30 am
Jemisi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:28 am
How many posts left until your new ban?

We get it. You can't stand them. You hate Zim. Understood.

Your many words have been heard.
I find the responses rather concerning. Taylor and Jarvis earn way more than Dean Elgar and Vernon Philander. That's enough to want to makeone puke or weep.

They returned not because they love ZC or Zimbabwe (clearly based on their several comments when they left), but purely based on the fact that the money was way too good to ignore, and County Division One comforts and stability paled in comparison.

I don't hate ZIm, and it's got nothing to do with how I feel about them.

Next month completes their 2-year anniversary so it's only practical to look back and reflect on such a momentous decision.

My question, mostly directed at Zimbabweans (not Australians, English etc who are still welcome to comment), who like me have affinity to our true loyalities(SA in my case). To you Zimbaweans, have you got value for your money?

What I find strange is that the same person who who will say let's bend over backwards to get a Byrom, Myers, Lake, Ben Curran, Shumba etc, is the same person who does not want to confront what an existing case study says.

Further to that, it was pointed out that there would be rifts in the team because of pay disparities, and it's strange to now read people criticising those players(domestic and international) for standing behind Hami and not being swayed by Taylor at every turn, yet you fail to acknowledge the various side-effects that have evolved over the last 2 years.

Do you think Mire would have left if he had the same posh contract(bearing in mind his brilliance for ZIM in T20s)? Do you think Chatara, Craig & Sean are happy?
Taylor and Jarvis were more or less finished at Nottinghamshire and Lancashire in any case. Taylor because of his batting form. Jarvis had injury problems just before he left and with better players than him in the Lancashire squad the ZC offer was one he would have been daft to refuse. Playing for Zim must be like a holiday for him with the occasional 50 over or T20 game compared to the non-stop cricket in the UK over six months

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

You would thought BT & Jarvis could have gotten Division 2 County deals if they really were about to be punted from Notts & Lancs, the quality of Div 2 is much lower & those guys would definitely still be good enough to play there. Both guys have Zim partners in BT's case a family who are based in Zimbabwe, so I think that had more to do with them coming back.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

encore wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:32 am
You're not responding with insults so that's a good start. Appreciated.
Do I ever insult ya?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 am
encore wrote:
Do I ever insult ya?
Nope. Never. Didn't mean it in that context.

Was directed at the prevailing direct insults from the usual suspects, which are to be honest rather unbecoming.
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

robbocricket wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:49 pm
Taylor and Jarvis were more or less finished at Nottinghamshire and Lancashire in any case. Taylor because of his batting form. Jarvis had injury problems just before he left and with better players than him in the Lancashire squad the ZC offer was one he would have been daft to refuse. Playing for Zim must be like a holiday for him with the occasional 50 over or T20 game compared to the non-stop cricket in the UK over six months.
In my strong opposition to their expensive recall I mentioned these very facts, Taylor's poor FC form, Jarvis' restriction to FC and non-participation in Twenty20 and List A(which he is woeful n anyway) rendered them pretty much less valuable to their employers.

Check the archives for the responses. That kind of money made sense for a Byrom.
Voice of reason.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

encore wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:49 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
encore wrote:
Do I ever insult ya?
All good, just making sure.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

encore

Post by encore »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:31 am
encore wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:49 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Do I ever insult ya?
All good, just making sure.
No problem.
Voice of reason.