Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Post by encore »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:38 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:20 pm
I’m fairly sure he’s on about 10k a month and Jarvis will be on a bit less. What I’m curious about is how tax works and whether it’s legal to receive forex. Those Tax vultures will be all over them. Their take home in real terms will be a lot less than that. The brown envelope players won’t be far off them I can tell you that for sure.
25k a month for BT. 20K Jarvis. Streak was on 20k. This is actually true. 1 of them was paid a full year's salary to show how serious ZC was.
Nope. More than that. Way way way more! (Hint: Think PAYE rates in ZIM...even if you were talking Nett/Takehome pay you'd still be way short)

And that's just salaries excluding all the Allowances, Bonuses and Match Fees (Test Fees, ODI Gess, and T20 fees) - which would all be pegged against BT and KJ rates.
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

encore wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:32 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:21 am
Yo uses things the opposite way round.
Rather than arguing BT and KJ should be being paid peanuts as some of their colleagues, you should be arguing the other players should be getting paid more closer to the guys.
Money will also attract the diaspora back.

BT is worth more to Zim that Elgar is to SA.
If Philander gets less than BT, that is the fault of the SA system.

The average NRL rugby league player is on about 220USD a year.
Suburban rugby league players get paid more than all these guys, just as perspective.

Do you even know what those guys get paid?
You're not responding with insults so that's a good start. Appreciated.

Zimbabwe players on contract already earn more than BD, IRE and AFG so I would not know how to respond to you while overlooking that major point. Part of my reason for including players from other lower nations was precisely to prove eg a Stirling/Ranking/Dockrell/Coetzer etc worth to their sides vs BT/KJ's supposed worth to Zimbabwe.

Some will argue likes of Nabi and Rashid earn more because of T20 Leagues, but where do personal earnings come in, and why should they have to subsidise the Board?

Elgar and Philander earn reasonably well. Surrey had to pay Morkel a lot to get him to join them. Rilee and Vilas would leave their Counties for KJ & BT money. There is nothing wrong with SA contracts system. If there was QdK and Rabada would have left a long time ago.

The problem is KJ & BT got a crazy amount of money. Period!

Yes I do know what they get paid. That is why I included Grant Flower's quote in the OP.

What are the salaries of Kane Williamson and Trent Boult? Get those and come back to me then we can have a proper BT-KJ discussion in relation to NRL and importance to team.
ZIMDOGGY I'm still keen on a response to the answer on those two players who are clearly important to their sides. Pretty sure the contrast will be very interesting. Or you could get closer to home and use Khawaja, Finch, Patto and Lyon instead in the general sense.

Duanne Olivier rejected a CSA contract to go and earn USD190k/GBP150k in England(not sure about Morkel). Mind you, I only used Elgar and Philander because I was being modest. I didn't even touch on Steyn, Amla and ABD salaries, and they are/were all below Faf...who was on very little to be honest.

NB: Lancs aside, lots said by some - plenty shocking and intereting - we'll go through it gradually if needs be.

For now this remains:
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.sacricketmag.com/csa-declar ... anis-stay/

Now here’s a big shock. CSA lost R200 million Rand this year. :lol: :lol:
About 30 of it got syphoned off via Boland cricket I was told. You’re on that slippery slope, next will be a bailout from a “tame” bank that one of the big dogs will be a director of. Watch and see...
I’ll give the ANC and EFF boys one thing, they learn quickly how to do it from the best.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

[

Elgar and Philander earn reasonably well. Surrey had to pay Morkel a lot to get him to join them. Rilee and Vilas would leave their Counties for KJ & BT money. There is nothing wrong with SA contracts system. If there was QdK and Rabada would have left a long time ago.

Few if any counties pay more than what Surrey do for players salaries. It was been said on the Surrey radio commentary and elsewhere in the media that when Morkel signed he was one of Surrey's highest paid overseas players

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Definitely worth it, regardless of their performances (that loss to UAE was pretty poor) because well known white players give ZIM cricket a veneer of functionality. And their performances have overall been pretty good, even if patchy at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

encore

Post by encore »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:54 pm
because well known white players give ZIM cricket a veneer of functionality.
Image"No wonder Trevor Noah steals my work"
encore wrote:
TEAM W/L RATIO IN THEIR ABSENCE
ODIs: 0.50 (Played-48, Won-15, Lost-30, Tied-1, NR-2)
T20s: 0.437(Played-23, Won-7, Lost-16, Tied-0, NR-0)
TEAM W/L RATIO IN THEIR PRESENCE
ODIs: 0.36 (Played-35, Won-9, Lost-25, Tied-1, NR-0)
T20s: 0.083 (Played-14, Won-1, Lost-12, Tied-1, NR- 0)
[Correct up to 15 September 2019]
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Those stats are misleading because they don't take in to account what their actual figures were.

Taylor has played many knocks of a high standard but the rest around him were terrible. They also don't encounter for the opposition quality.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

encore wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:11 pm
encore wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:32 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Yo uses things the opposite way round.
Rather than arguing BT and KJ should be being paid peanuts as some of their colleagues, you should be arguing the other players should be getting paid more closer to the guys.
Money will also attract the diaspora back.

BT is worth more to Zim that Elgar is to SA.
If Philander gets less than BT, that is the fault of the SA system.

The average NRL rugby league player is on about 220USD a year.
Suburban rugby league players get paid more than all these guys, just as perspective.

Do you even know what those guys get paid?
You're not responding with insults so that's a good start. Appreciated.

Zimbabwe players on contract already earn more than BD, IRE and AFG so I would not know how to respond to you while overlooking that major point. Part of my reason for including players from other lower nations was precisely to prove eg a Stirling/Ranking/Dockrell/Coetzer etc worth to their sides vs BT/KJ's supposed worth to Zimbabwe.

Some will argue likes of Nabi and Rashid earn more because of T20 Leagues, but where do personal earnings come in, and why should they have to subsidise the Board?

The problem is KJ & BT got a crazy amount of money. Period!

Yes I do know what they get paid. That is why I included Grant Flower's quote in the OP.

What are the salaries of Kane Williamson and Trent Boult? Get those and come back to me then we can have a proper BT-KJ discussion in relation to NRL and importance to team.
ZIMDOGGY I'm still keen on a response to the answer on those two players who are clearly important to their sides. Pretty sure the contrast will be very interesting. Or you could get closer to home and use Khawaja, Finch, Patto and Lyon instead in the general sense.

Duanne Olivier rejected a CSA contract to go and earn USD190k/GBP150k in England(not sure about Morkel). Mind you, I only used Elgar and Philander because I was being modest. I didn't even touch on Steyn, Amla and ABD salaries, and they are/were all below Faf...who was on very little to be honest.

NB: Lancs aside, lots said by some - plenty shocking and intereting - we'll go through it gradually if needs be.

For now this remains:
How the fuck would I know what Trent Boult is on? lol
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Hhm is just making numbers up to suit his narrative, the actual facts are there to be seen how much money ZC admin is taking over month to run the game into the ground.

You don’t mind people making good money if they’re doing a good job, BT & KJ are topping the list in runs & wickets since their return, whilst Makoni and the rest of those thieves are stealing a living.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I would have no problem if they were both on half a million a year.

The top batsman and bowler of a test paying nation should be earning alot.

I hope its high, sends a mesage to others that theres an economic future to playing for Zim.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*