Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Were Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis worth it?

Post by encore »

Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:15 pm
encore wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 am
Forum is too much against Jarvis, Taylor & Rajput. What about rest of the 9 players, they aren't playing for free ?
Compared to the packages those other two get, they are essentially playing for free. :lol:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am
Apart from Encore, who is against Jarvis, Taylor and Rajput?
This was about worth and everything within that context. I am not against Rajput and Taylor. MambaI have always been against Jarvis the white ball bowler, and with good reason. With little/no Test cricket to look forward to, there was&is absolutely zero justification in him being recalled to Zimbabwe for that kind of money, while there were comparable and superior bowlers, or those younger with greater potential. He was never going to add value to ZIM's CWC qualifiers either. Blessing and Chatara thoroughly outbowled him he had to be dropped.
Blessing is a past item now, off late if any Zimbabwe pacer had some venom then its Vitori, who has been getting banned everytime he returns. Jarvis is the best exponent still now,when it comes to swing & seam, though he is one of the poorest bowler in last overs of the game, doesnt have variation enough or a lethal yorker, all he has is the slower cutter and slower bouncer.
Chatara is struggling in T20s, his pace have gone down and have got smashed in bowling friendly Irish Condition and also in Bangladesh in ongoing T20 series.

Zimbabwe selection panel under Chawaguta has been least bothered of giving young talent a chance.Pacers like Mumba, Jakiel, Musako, Zhawi has done well in shorter formats.This series was ideal for giving them games along with allrounders like Jongwe & Mashinge
You got your figures wrong about Chatara, but I get your viewpoint, and totally agree with the last part. We speak the same language there. ;)
Voice of reason.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

omg this guy Encore.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Heath: "Listen guys, the boys we have are not good enough. We have fallen too far behind even the top Associates. We need you to be here for at least the next two world cups. ZC will pay an arm and a leg for you guys. We have to get ahead of one of WI or AFG."
BT&KJ: "No problem. Consider it done."
Fans: "They deserve it!"

ZIM_Messiahs.png
ZIM_Messiahs.png (51.42 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
Also Fans: "They've earned it! Stop doctoring stats to suit your agenda, and spreading hate. When is your next ban. These guys have been the best players for Zimbabwe"
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bear in mind that whilst ZC are contractually obliged to continue to pay BT and KJ they have no obligation to pick them. Hopefully they’ll read your interminable diatribes and leave them to play the few franchise games we’ll inevitably only get through and see how we go.
They also have the option of reneging on their contracts, it won’t be the first time.
They have a plethora of talent waiting in the wings that they have inexplicably not unleashed upon the cricketing world as of yet, it’s only fair that we get to see them.

I’ve thought long and hard about Masakadza’s retirement. I’ve always enjoyed watching him play, as frustrating as many of those innings have been. He has always had a huge presence when he walks out to bat, everyone always knows he has the ability to win a game, but rarely did he fulfill that potential. You make no mention of his part in Zim’s failure to qualify for the WC, why is that?

I was looking for that quote about trying to leave the game in a better state than when you played it, but couldn’t find it. In that regard he has been found wanting. He’s probably the only player we’ve had in the last 15 years that has had the ability to speak up against the excesses and ineptitude of ZC and has had the sheer presence that make him a natural leader. Instead he has worked quietly and effectively with ZC to ensure a compliant group of players for many years. If he had put his hand up just once I believe we would be in a very different situation. Instead he has quietly taken what’s been on offer and ensured himself a comfortable life.
He’s one of the few guys that gets the opportunity to become truly great and he watched it pass him by without so much as a whimper. I’ll remember him as much for that as some of the fantastic innings I’ve seen him play.

Let’s also see how he fares in his new role, which he’s earned himself. He has a second bite at really making a difference, seize the day, my man.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

Why is this OP critiquing the two best players we have?

Shift focus to the administrators or the players that never play well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why would he do that? It’s an age old trick that is proven, keep the attention away from the real issues so they can keep plundering and pushing their agenda.