Are ZC admin worth it?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Are ZC admin worth it?

Post by eugene »

The administrators of ZC command big salaries and their jobs come with many perks - cars, travel, etc. Given the serious decline of cricket in Zimbabwe over the past two years do you feel the admin are worth their salaries? Is organising the Logan Cup during the rainy season each year so that they don't have to pay all the players because of abandoned games a genius administrative move or one that is ultimately damaging? Discuss.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Are ZC admin worth it?

Post by jaybro »

No definitely not, the game is in terrible shape from the grass roots up, guys like Hhm & TaspC complain that guys like Ervine, Williams, Jarvis etc should be replaced, but in truth there's no one of quality to replace them. There's zero cricket being played in Zimbabwe, it's actually quite sad that in 2019 the only home series Zimbabwe will have hosted is the 4 game series against the UAE.

Domestic cricket has been reduced to the absolute minimum, 6 games for each format!! How can they expect improvement from the current players or development of younger guys when they play so little cricket? I guess you could almost accept it if they had an extensive A Team program, but as it stands Zimbabwe haven't sent an A Team for a tour for well over two years now. So there's no home series, barely any away tours, no Tests for over 12 months again, the bare minimum 6 game domestic season and as Googly has explained the best young talent have gone overseas or given up.

The 'legacy' if you could call it that, of the Chingoka reign was that he apparently took the game to the masses, and more accurately made the game more accessible to the Blacks, which would be great if it were actually true. Apart from the initial emergence of promising players like Hamilton, Vusi, Stuey, Taibu & Elton there's been no other real quality Black Batsman to emerge.

I've pointed it out before that but ever since the 04/06 Under 19 World Cup sides the ZC system has only produced two international centuries !!! Only Regis' Test Hundred in Bangladesh 2013 & Solomon Mire's ODI v Sri Lanka in 2017, they're the only players to come out of the ZC system to have scored 100's since the 2006 side. This shows how badly ZC are producing and nurturing talent, but apparently they've done a great job taking the game to the masses.

It's been exposed in recent months on twitter how much the admin guys are currently making, and it's way more than BT & KJ are, yet Hhm will complain they're a waste of money :lol: :lol: :lol: It would be funny if he were the exception rather than the rule, but It seems most people are happy enough for the current admin to run the game into the ground ( and the country for that matter), just so long as the white guys don't get back in charge.

Personally I don't care who's in charge I just want to see the game in Zimbabwe flourish (which I doubt will ever happen) but the people in charge don't care, they don't even care about the Blacks they only care about their pockets, and the ICC clearly don't care either sadly.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think ZC admin are shot on the back of lazy and corrupt admin, but I am very curious exactly what salary these guys are getting.
Maybe they are on next to nothing?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be very surprised and I think there’s only a 2 percent chance they are not at market value.

But this is how rumours are misconstrued as fact.

They should definitely be replaced though just on performance.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:46 am
I think ZC admin are shot on the back of lazy and corrupt admin, but I am very curious exactly what salary these guys are getting.
Maybe they are on next to nothing?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be very surprised and I think there’s only a 2 percent chance they are not at market value.

But this is how rumours are misconstrued as fact.

They should definitely be replaced though just on performance.
CAB4CC30-D2D0-4A0B-A33A-74497548BD39.jpeg
CAB4CC30-D2D0-4A0B-A33A-74497548BD39.jpeg (176 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

No, Eugene. They're not.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Makoni gave you Mangongo, Hami, Taibu, Matsi, Utseya, Elton, Chibhabha, Forster etc.

That's way more output than all the previous Executives combined (DEB & Hogg) included. Question is, the ZIM Executives comprise mostly of Indians/Asians that the Pakistani surrounded himself with. You know their names.

How much was the Pakistani earning and how much do they earn?

As the icing on the cake, let's discuss Alistair Campbell's package.

AC, Hasnain, and these Indian/Asian Executives were/are bankrupting ZC. Throw in the Franchise bosses & coaches who were mostly white(and you criticise the quality of the local game and its products), clearly they were overpaid.

My issue with you guys is your focus on the Black figures - Makoni, Chingoka, Mangongo etc(you loved Manase who earned a lot). The major financial drains in terms of salaries are/were White and Indian!
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

encore wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 am

That's way more output than all the previous Executives combined (DEB & Hogg) included.
I don't know whether to laugh or throw my computer at the wall.
encore wrote:

Makoni gave you Mangongo, Hami, Taibu, Matsi, Utseya, Elton, Chibhabha, Forster etc.
Other than Taibu (who Makoni did not give) and Mangongo (who has worked himself to his position and deserves to work with the youth infrastructure) the rest can quite well bugger off.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

encore wrote:

That's way more output than all the previous Executives combined (DEB & Hogg) included. Question is, the ZIM Executives comprise mostly of Indians/Asians that the Pakistani surrounded himself with. You know their names.

How much was the Pakistani earning and how much do they earn?

As the icing on the cake, let's discuss Alistair Campbell's package.

AC, Hasnain, and these Indian/Asian Executives were/are bankrupting ZC. Throw in the Franchise bosses & coaches who were mostly white(and you criticise the quality of the local game and its products), clearly they were overpaid.

My issue with you guys is your focus on the Black figures - Makoni, Chingoka, Mangongo etc(you loved Manase who earned a lot). The major financial drains in terms of salaries are/were White and Indian!
Makoni is a cancer much like yourself, and he’s as corrupt as they come, have you read Alan Butcher’s book?

Also what white administrator are you talking about? I don’t believe there any involved in ZC at the moment? Those names on that sheet are most definitely not Anglo names.

I love how when confronted with some actual solid facts and proof you start throwing out all wild accusations 😂😂😂😂

Even if Makoni “gave us those guys” which in truth is somewhat true as he was the main guy to drive Takashinga, he’s no cricket coach so please don’t give him too much credit.

He’s also part to blame why those guys had their careers heavily disadvantaged by being part of the administration that has run the game into the ground.

The game is in a terrible state because of the current administration and the Chingoka one before that, and Mr Makoni has been front and centre of both regimes.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Those salaries are disgusting. I can’t believe what I’ve just read..£20K for Malibu, in one month?? What?! Is that right? That’s absolutely appalling that ZC can cry poverty and yet afford those excruciating salaries. What a complete and utter disgrace

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Makoni **