Hamilton- Best Black Zim Player ever??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Hamilton- Best Black Zim Player ever??

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:55 am
Maybe?
Who is he up against.

Taibu will be alot of peoples choice. Taibu had fight but only averaged mid twenties with the bat and although was quick behind the stumps, he was mistake prone as well. Alot of times i never had him in my top 11, but hes up there.

Chatara?

Hard to judge as he hasnt played against proper quality in a while. If he did and kept up his 2 wickets an innings type figures, i would say it would be him, but i dont think he would be ale too. His bowling action is too wonky and air balloon manlike.

Prosper?

He can never be judged as he was a cheat so was on a non even level.

Elton?

Elton at his best was really good, it just didnt last long. If he retired early he would have had a great legacy and couldve won.
You have to remember that against top opposition Hamilton also averaged about 25 across formats. In Tests his only centuries came against Bangladesh and a West Indies side with no name bowlers. I would say its a toss up between Hamilton, Taibu, and Chatara. Chatara has actually been better than many people think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I’d say Roach, Garbriel & Holder can’t be classed as ‘no name bowlers’

As for the title of the thread I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it? I could have titled it ‘where does Hamilton rank amongst all Zimbabwe players’ but there’s so many ahead of him I felt this was a more interesting discussion.

Here in Oz the question always gets asked about the best indigenous player or team so I don’t see why it’s an issue
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 pm

As for the title of the thread I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it? I could have titled it ‘where does Hamilton rank amongst all Zimbabwe players’ but there’s so many ahead of him I felt this was a more interesting discussion.

Here in Oz the question always gets asked about the best indigenous player or team so I don’t see why it’s an issue
Forgot he scored a ton Vs decent windows attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:

To be fair, at that period of time they were a very weak attack for whatever reason.

Vermeulen got a century against that attack in one f his first few innings as well.

At this point, WI were declining extremely rapidly and were being kept afloat by some good batting talent like Lara, Chanderpaul and a few others im not bothered to look up. I just recall thinking at the time their attack isnt much better than Zims.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:58 pm
jaybro wrote:

To be fair, at that period of time they were a very weak attack for whatever reason.

Vermeulen got a century against that attack in one f his first few innings as well.

At this point, WI were declining extremely rapidly and were being kept afloat by some good batting talent like Lara, Chanderpaul and a few others im not bothered to look up. I just recall thinking at the time their attack isnt much better than Zims.
Not the attack from his 2001 century, we’re talking about his last century, the 2017 edition
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yes. Hamilton is.

Chatara has scope to overtake him if opportunities continue to exist.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

Hammy or Taibu.