[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Post by kudet »

this is an all time low guys, no sugar coating this at all, how could we lose the level of chocking is worse that what the proteas even do when it matters the most. be it zim b or c or whatever they are masquerading as, this is bullshit of the highest order.

side note though, i am waiting for mukuhlanis response to this loss after he said
    whatmore couldnt lose to afghanistan and the selection panel was dissolved and bundu had already lost his job as batting coach after the 2015 loss at home
      streak lost to the UAE, klusener was sacked and so was taibu who we were told had already resigned

will rajput, chawaguta the snake and matsikenyeri survive this

Googly

Post by Googly »

Rajput may be on thin ice but the others will get a raise and perhaps a company vehicle, one of them will probably get the top job.
      That’s the one thing they’ve figured out, if Jesus coached this team we’d still lose a few games, so just settle for a cheap and nasty that will suck dick all day long.

Taps- your comment about them being overpaid. Begs a response.
      We know that two guys are copping some flack for supposedly being paid more than the others and that they haven’t really delivered.
      Most importantly their salaries are NOT The reason why franchise players are getting a pittance. I repeat that’s NOT the reason. That’s cheap politicking that’s suiting a few people’s agenda. The real reason is the bloated admin and coaching salaries and wherever the rest of the money is going. Fact!!!! Campbell, Streak and various others have set a benchmark so high that it’s a delight for others following in their wake.
      We will never know what some of the other senior players have really received, that’s another indisputable fact. There have been many brown envelopes.
      I agree that 5k is a decent salary for the average centrally contracted guy, but will it keep the better guys here? As I said earlier BT and KJ have almost shot their bolts as far as having other options go, but if the players are around the 5k mark why should a single coach, selector, chairman, accountant, FD or anyone else receive more than the contracted players?? No reason whatsoever.

These franchise guys are the problem. They get a $200 contract and they suddenly think they’re Virat Kohli. This is the clever part- give a few of them a bit more than that and you own all their souls. If one guy here gets a dollar more than his peers he’s somebody and he will do your bidding, he will even kill for you. This is why Zim is in its current insurmountable predicament. If someone can change this mentality we’d be living in a 2nd world country right now.
      By rights more than half these guys are not pro cricketers backsides and should be playing club cricket at their own expense, the others should be on a package that they can just make ends meet in this crazy environment, and that’s 2k. I’d guess most are on $500-1000. It’s brutal but they’re grateful and tow the line. The entire country is full of people on a subsistence wage eternally grateful for the work, it’s Stockholm Syndrome at its finest, we are a subjugated nation and it’s no wonder we roll over when it gets tight. These guys settled for the bankable known because they were told they would be jobless under the interim board and they didn’t have the nouse to smell the bullshit. Fact.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kudet- why does Mukhulani have to respond? He’s been given the green light and is not answerable to anybody here, he was briefly under the pump and we heard him delightfully stuttering and stammering on Dean at Stumps like a dyslexic moron, leaving no one in any doubt that cricket money was his meal ticket and not the hobby he claimed :lol: :lol:

encore
      Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

robbocricket wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm
      encore wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am
      I really think you guys are blaming the wrong things here and blowing things out of proportion.

I don't understand how a "full strength" ZIM can get so embarassed by IRE and NED, and you fail to introspect at that point.

Yes Singapore is pathetic, but a proper ZIM T20 side will never lose to SIN & NEP. The problem is a proper ZIM team did lose to IRE & NED. The question is why?
      I watched the Irealnd and Netherland matches on the live video streams

The answer as to why they lost is quite simple

Zim just weren't good enough - what else needs to be said ?
      Agreed. I watched some too.

But one wonders... Who wasn't good enough? AUs lost because bar Smith and Labuschagne(Wade?), the rest of the batsmen weren't good enough. And ENG lost because bar Broad, Archer and Stokes the rest of the players weren't good enough. NED & IRE weren't good enough. A few certain players paid peanuts were. What do you do about non-performing onfield players? Gradually integrate changes or fold arms and pray while engineering boardroom coups?
      Voice of reason.

encore
      Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:31 pm
      These guys settled for the bankable known because they were told they would be jobless under the interim board and they didn’t have the nouse to smell the bullshit. Fact.
      Happy players would've rendered ICC powerless to suspend ZC, remove them for their Tournaments and deprive them of money. Nice!

Anyway, what do trolls know...
      Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Even a dumb cricketer can see past one tournament bud. The breast beating by the lady captain was worthy of an Oscar. You need to break a few eggs to make an omelette.
      I’d like to see Mlotshwa have a dip at ZC again :lol:
      SRC are within their rights to demand resignations after that. :lol:
      If we don’t get reinstated you’ll see glum resignation on players’ faces, but if you go to Maiden Drive you’ll see stark unadulterated terror, there will be funereal wailing and chest pounding, people throwing themselves on the ground and fainting because they are completely unemployable in the real world. And of course the cupboard will be empty.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

encore wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:48 pm
      robbocricket wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm
      encore wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am
      I really think you guys are blaming the wrong things here and blowing things out of proportion.

I don't understand how a "full strength" ZIM can get so embarassed by IRE and NED, and you fail to introspect at that point.

Yes Singapore is pathetic, but a proper ZIM T20 side will never lose to SIN & NEP. The problem is a proper ZIM team did lose to IRE & NED. The question is why?
      I watched the Irealnd and Netherland matches on the live video streams

The answer as to why they lost is quite simple

Zim just weren't good enough - what else needs to be said ?
      Agreed. I watched some too.

But one wonders... Who wasn't good enough? AUs lost because bar Smith and Labuschagne(Wade?), the rest of the batsmen weren't good enough. And ENG lost because bar Broad, Archer and Stokes the rest of the players weren't good enough. NED & IRE weren't good enough. A few certain players paid peanuts were. What do you do about non-performing onfield players? Gradually integrate changes or fold arms and pray while engineering boardroom coups?
      It's a 'team' game - overall the whole Zim team hasn't good enough againt Ireland and Netherlands

Occasionally you'll get someone like Stokes to produce an innings to win a Test which let's be honest England would most likely have lost 99 times out of 100 from that position. I was at another cricket match that afternoon and when England's 7th wicket went down (never mind the 9th) not a single person in the ground gave then a chance!

Occasionally Zim will win a match in whatever format - but recent results prove that the overall quality of the side is on a downward slide (I'm stating the obvious I admit!)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Basically I am reading everyone arguing despite everyone agreeing that the selection for the game was shockingly bad.
      Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
      BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
      KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
      Sportsman.
      Artist.
      Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
      Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:46 am
      Basically I am reading everyone arguing despite everyone agreeing that the selection for the game was shockingly bad.
      That's what I was thinking. It's just that there's a group who is arguing the selection of performing players and players of a certain race are to blame, others are arguing that players who under perform and not up to standard regardless of race shouldn't be selected.
      encore wrote: But one wonders... Who wasn't good enough?
      Purely from a playing pov, simple, look at scorecards and see who didn't perform. Top of the list, Hammy.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:35 am
      If we keep losing we have to blame someone, it’s human nature. I blame SRC and Coventry for not having the balls to have called the bluff and ended this had ZC not packed their bags.
      ZC won’t voluntarily step down from their hobby of raiding the cookie jar, it had to prized out of their cold dead fingers.
      Lest we forget- the players have given ZC their vote of confidence, they didn’t and don’t want change, and I blame them, and will keep reminding as each new disaster unfolds, there’s plenty to come, no turning this around.
      Apart from a couple, how many senior players actually want ZC to get their shit together? It would create competition for their spaces. Even white guys like PJ must be worried because in a well run system I doubt he will be in the 11.

Even people in our top 6, like Jarvis and chatara would be nervous. In a proper system, they could be going to sleep worries they are one bad series from the knife.

As it stands they are safe for 12 months at the worst!
      Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
      BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
      KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
      Sportsman.
      Artist.
      Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*