[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kngow

Re: [Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Post by kngow »

Now that India have replaced us with SL, what on earth will we do after this triseries? Any cricket is better than no cricket. Is a couple ODIs against Windies or NZ that expensive? Or do they refuse to host us?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Looks like a fast outfield, small and with the Singapore attack I wouldn’t be too concerned at this stage to be honest.
No Masakadza/Taylor/Raza - the guys likely to treat Singapore's bowlers with the disrespect they deserve.
I can definitely see Chari getting his eye in for ten overs...
kngow wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:15 pm
Now that India have replaced us with SL, what on earth will we do after this triseries? Any cricket is better than no cricket. Is a couple ODIs against Windies or NZ that expensive? Or do they refuse to host us?
ZC is broke. Unless another country invites us, it's not going to happen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

How are they broke? We know how much money they receive. The problem is three people think it belongs to them personally.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:07 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:00 pm
Very poor from Zimbabwe so far, could he an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Singapore here.

Pretty much the reason why BCCI opted for SLN, that'll fetch them more money instead of terribly one sided games against Zimbabwe.
If you're the ICC, do you let this suspension ride out long enough to ensure Zim won't be in the ODI league?

Surely having Scotland or whoever is next in line is a better long term bet than Zim at this point.

I honestly can't see any way out of this predicament. DEB and co didn't fail by trying to enact change, they failed by not following through. If this side is the "future" of Zim cricket, we may as well shut up shop now. Amateur hour.
Zimbabwe have a rich history, they are in the game since 1983 i believe so ICC should give them more opportunities. It's only hope that things will improve mate, I just hope ZC does something good to develop a good cricketing team again.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Why is Chari even playing? What wrong has Moor done to get dropped in the first place?

Is it still because of the color of both those players, quite sad if the answer is yes.

Chakabva turning it on as I write. Good to see Regis doing well of late.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:19 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Looks like a fast outfield, small and with the Singapore attack I wouldn’t be too concerned at this stage to be honest.
No Masakadza/Taylor/Raza - the guys likely to treat Singapore's bowlers with the disrespect they deserve.
I can definitely see Chari getting his eye in for ten overs...
kngow wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:15 pm
ZC is broke. Unless another country invites us, it's not going to happen.
You’ve been Google level of negative lately 😂
I am still quietly confident. Zimbabwe’s batting problem is usually due to lack of muscle in hitting long and hard. It shouldn’t be an issue here.

Of course, this could change in an instant, but I think there’s enough fire here to get it done.
Don’t underestimate the power of a small and quick field !
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

does no one know how to put a ball on a length?

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I'm listening Dogg

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Zimbabwe have a rich history, they are in the game since 1983 i believe so ICC should give them more opportunities. It's only hope that things will improve mate, I just hope ZC does something good to develop a good cricketing team again.
You're asking a lot of administrators who couldn't tell you the right side of a cricket bat.

The only way we will get change now is if the other boards or ICC actually decide to do their job and demand a board change in Zim, and they stipulate who and want in that demand.

As long as Mukhulani and his merry band of thieves stay in control, well soon lose full status and be playing against the likes of Nigeria and Botswana regularly.

No other full member willingly wants to tour us or host us at the moment. Lower nations will invite us not because they want to, but to say to ICC that they can beat or challenge us so how can ICC justify Zim as a full member.

If the players had some balls, they'd stand up to this organisation, but they don't, and the only ones who suffer are them. It's where Hammy lost a fair bit of my respect, otherwise he'd be the perfect guy to actually enact the change and things work out.

On a side note, who takes 9 balls to score 2 runs when needing more than 10 an over.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

:6: :6: :6: yet another 50 for Williams