[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kngow

Re: [Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 3 | SIN v ZIM

Post by kngow »

Fuck off. Unbelievable. We collapsed like a pack of cards what the hell. Munyonga at 9?! Madziva 7?! Fuck this. Chari was terrible. PJ Moor should've played. Williams did well for once but could'nt stay till the end. Regis was good. Burl was ok with the ball. Fuck this man, losing to Singapore?! Terrible.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lost to Singapore.. Anything else left in Zimbabwe Cricket?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:57 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Zimbabwe have a rich history, they are in the game since 1983 i believe so ICC should give them more opportunities. It's only hope that things will improve mate, I just hope ZC does something good to develop a good cricketing team again.
You're asking a lot of administrators who couldn't tell you the right side of a cricket bat.

The only way we will get change now is if the other boards or ICC actually decide to do their job and demand a board change in Zim, and they stipulate who and want in that demand.

As long as Mukhulani and his merry band of thieves stay in control, well soon lose full status and be playing against the likes of Nigeria and Botswana regularly.

No other full member willingly wants to tour us or host us at the moment. Lower nations will invite us not because they want to, but to say to ICC that they can beat or challenge us so how can ICC justify Zim as a full member.

If the players had some balls, they'd stand up to this organisation, but they don't, and the only ones who suffer are them. It's where Hammy lost a fair bit of my respect, otherwise he'd be the perfect guy to actually enact the change and things work out.

On a side note, who takes 9 balls to score 2 runs when needing more than 10 an over.
Couldn't agree more mate.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This is worse than that time we lost to Uganda.
Why? Because back then it was an upset. Today it's because this is the level we're at.

Yes, you add in Taylor and Raza and Chatara and we'd have won today but that's not the point. If our second eleven is losing to Singapore it means we've reached the end of the road. There's no talent coming through the system. There's nothing else left to say.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

After this result I doubt if ICC will actually lift the suspension on Zimbabwe. Clearly there are better teams out there who can take Zimbabwe's place. ICC may delay things here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well I dunno how we lost that!!!
Players that take it up the arse from admin for 15 years won’t have any fight in them whatsoever. I reckon if you shout at some of those guys they’ll just bend over.

Bertus de Jong

Post by Bertus de Jong »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:07 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:00 pm
Very poor from Zimbabwe so far, could he an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Singapore here.

Pretty much the reason why BCCI opted for SLN, that'll fetch them more money instead of terribly one sided games against Zimbabwe.
If you're the ICC, do you let this suspension ride out long enough to ensure Zim won't be in the ODI league?

Surely having Scotland or whoever is next in line is a better long term bet than Zim at this point.

I honestly can't see any way out of this predicament. DEB and co didn't fail by trying to enact change, they failed by not following through. If this side is the "future" of Zim cricket, we may as well shut up shop now. Amateur hour.
Hard to see how you could swap Scotland in now, CWC League 2 has already started, as has the Challenge League. It's not really possible to promote Scotland mid-cycle without screwing up the entire competition, given that they've already played three games and Canada - who would replace them in League 2 - have played five.

Also, I'm not 100% clear on the sitution in League 2 and the Challenge Leagues (though from what I hear they're being treated as fully ICC comps with Dubai retaining rights), but the Super League is still bilaterl cricket as far as media rights are concerned, and I suspect it's being treated as quasi-bilateral from a regulations standpoint. So I don't think Zimbabwe would be excluded even if they remain suspended at the start.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

A full strength Zimbabwe would have beaten Singapore but this just shows the lack of depth in Zimbabwe cricket.

Considering the lack of fixtures and the importance if winning each game, Zimbabwe better field their full strength team always, no matter what.

Googly

Post by Googly »

A lack of depth is a terrible understatement. The only guys we haven’t seen are Mashinge and Jongwe, they’re worth a look. The fact is Cephas Zhuwao would probably have won that game for us, but he’s not up for the level above this. These guys can ring the changes as much as they like, but the outcome is going to be the same. We don’t have the players, and all but the most ignorant would believe otherwise. There’s a couple of u19 boys that would have taken us home today, but they’ve got exams and ZC are just not progressive enough to give them a shot.
I think BT and KJ could conceivably double their next contract :lol: :lol:
The big question is will these shocking losses hasten any ICC decisions on membership and funding? How long will they keep swallowing the lies and excuses?
The ONLY thing ZC will ponder is how long they can keep going for before the plug is pulled. I’m guessing around 2023 at around 9m a year. That’s a shed load of cash to get their mitts on in the meantime. They have no plan to fix this, that’s the sad fact and they’re going to spend as little as humanly possible to keep the charade going until then, and the rest is for them. And they’re not going anywhere either, I’ve realized that most of the players and staff want them there, they know that without them they’re not hanging onto their miserly existence.
I just don’t believe you can make a good batsman out of a mediocre one, it doesn’t matter who coaches them or how much effort they put in, you have to have a certain skill level first, below that and you’re wasting your time.
We have so few guys that make that first cut, and then beyond that you need this undefinable quality that makes someone make consistent runs and we just don’t have them here, at any level and I don’t understand it. There’s a couple of decent schoolboys here that show flashes of genuine ability, but can they show any level of consistency, or God forbid, make a few hundreds? Nope!
I know that these boys in a more competitive environment would be at the top of that tree as well, they’re damned good. The whole system needs to be firing, you can’t produce one exceptional guy in a sea of mediocrity.
We all know we’re in trouble, but the depth of it continues to surprise most.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Without an A side plying their trade it’s a waste of time, and not an A side with 11 players who’ve played international cricket either. They need 11 new guys, but the truth is we don’t have 11 in the wings that are remotely good enough. There are honestly club sides in many countries that would beat this Zim side.
Who’s going to want to play us after losing to Singapore, and we’re only half way through this tournament , there’s probably another loss coming.
This is the level we’re at without the missing guys, there’s no disputing that anymore, and despite all the wringing of hands a surprising number of people in the system don’t care, they’re just praying the cash will keep appearing and they’ll only cry when the tap gets turned off.