SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by Googly »

15 guys at $400 ea, a coach at $5k and a manager at $20k, not that cheap😂

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:27 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm
If we don’t get reinstated next week the blame is firmly on Mukhuhlani’s greedy desperate shoulders. That Singapore CEO got us there to compare teams and lo and behold we’re coming up short. Well done Mukhu!!!
It's not entirely his fault. The SRC freakshow got us into this situation.
I was quite content for them to take the actions that they did, HOWEVER they screwed the pooch by being neither here nor there. Either go all in, and suffer the consequences of the suspension by saving the game locally, or don't get involved in the first place. By taking the half measure of getting involved and then retreating at the first sign of trouble they have caused irreparable harm to Zim cricket. It was weak and pathetic.
Perfect response!
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I was quite content for them to take the actions that they did, HOWEVER they screwed the pooch by being neither here nor there. Either go all in, and suffer the consequences of the suspension by saving the game locally, or don't get involved in the first place. By taking the half measure of getting involved and then retreating at the first sign of trouble they have caused irreparable harm to Zim cricket. It was weak and pathetic.
Can't actually pay that too much.

Yes, SRC did what they did, but Mukhulani fought it, and not for crickets sake. He said it himself in the interview that he is fighting the SRC because he needs to restore his personal reputation. He also said how he does not care for the game. He also pleaded with ICC to be suspended. That is definitely not acting in the games best interest.

They players then, at least some of them were making a case for their team and their country, whilst others were choosing to sit on their asses and side with Mukhulani. Those same players were ready to throw each other under the bus in an instant. Now, if any of those players had heard his interview, why would you choose to side with someone who says they do not care for the game?

Anyway, SRC then outline to the players and staff to come to work. They have a plan and they have a structure in place. They've got the finances and the domestic set up all in the works and detailed. Certain players and staff refuse to turn up. Essentially this puts the SRC in a position where they can't exactly push forward. This is where Kirsty steps in, has this mediation part and to save her skin pleads with SRC to stop.

encore

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:55 pm
15 guys at $400 ea, a coach at $5k and a manager at $20k, not that cheap😂
I always encourage guys here to actually try and put together a budget on a spreadsheet then post it.

I;ve done it and believe me, there isn't much to steal.

If anything, the only place where there was a chance is through Metbank(?) or what was the name of that bank.

Payin gan extra $100 here and there for a meal accomodation etc, won't really give you something tangible even if it's over a Tour/Series. Everyone does this at a small scale(not those peanuts ZC get). I'm talking a sizeable percentage of the ICC grant. Looting would have come through things like that loan interest and directors bonuses etc. Follow the trail in such areas. This was the mistake Coventry and Mlotshwa made. The graft is outside not inside ZC.

I would also look closely at things like the Rising Stars and AC's new academy. Huge chunks of money flow through in such things. Not easy to just throw a team into FC without ballooning costs - classified as fruitless/wasteful expenditure.
Voice of reason.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Can't actually pay that too much.

Yes, SRC did what they did, but Mukhulani fought it, and not for crickets sake. He said it himself in the interview that he is fighting the SRC because he needs to restore his personal reputation. He also said how he does not care for the game. He also pleaded with ICC to be suspended. That is definitely not acting in the games best interest.

They players then, at least some of them were making a case for their team and their country, whilst others were choosing to sit on their asses and side with Mukhulani. Those same players were ready to throw each other under the bus in an instant. Now, if any of those players had heard his interview, why would you choose to side with someone who says they do not care for the game?

Anyway, SRC then outline to the players and staff to come to work. They have a plan and they have a structure in place. They've got the finances and the domestic set up all in the works and detailed. Certain players and staff refuse to turn up. Essentially this puts the SRC in a position where they can't exactly push forward. This is where Kirsty steps in, has this mediation part and to save her skin pleads with SRC to stop.
It was amateur hour by the SRC.

They should have had all of the contingency plans in place before they took action. Nothing that happened (ICC suspension, Mukuhlani being obstinate, some of the players backing the old regime, etc) was surprising - yet the SRC were totally unprepared for any of it and had no plan B.

It was unforgivable that once they involved themselves and it went to hell that they then recused themselves. Unforgivable. That was the final chance to salvage Zimbabwe cricket and they let it slip.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I'm inclined to agree to a point, but I can't agree wholeheartedly based on the fact that at some point you can only help yourself.

Even with a plan B, is clear Mukhulani was willing to take the whole ship down with him. He'd probably have burnes HSC or something and banned cricket. When you're dealing with an ego that big, you sometimes need to assess a plan of action.

That there has been no communication from SRC or even Kirsty since, makes it worse. Journalists in Zim, do your job.

encore

Post by encore »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:15 pm
That there has been no communication from SRC or even Kirsty since, makes it worse. Journalists in Zim, do your job.
Blasphemy!

In fact, she went one better. Got one of the colonisers to do it.

http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... =3&t=16582
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

encore wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:20 pm
Blasphemy!

In fact, she went one better. Got one of the colonisers to do it.

http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... =3&t=16582
I'll teach you a rule of journalism. Never deduce to make assumptions.

Nothing in that article communicates what was discussed or the way forward. So how am I being blasphemous?

Also, colonisers? You've shown your racism far too many times.

encore

Post by encore »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Are you a journalist?
Voice of reason.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

encore wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:55 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Are you a journalist?
He is indeed