SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am
What amazes me is how many of the older county players have played here at some point. They all used to love Zim, one of our biggest losses was Gillespie as well.
If you had to pay experts to completely fuck things up deliberately you’d not find better than these ZC guys and their Zanu shamwaris. They’ve not worked out that you can steal AND still run things fairly well.
This is exactly what bankrupted ZC to begin with.

Franchise Cricket - Highly paid coaches(head, batting and bowling), County players, CEOs etc, plus the local guys. The ICC prescribed this, and they felt the the ZIM grant would cover it. What ICC didn't factor in was the incoming tours A/XI tours ZIM had in preparation (AUS, SA, NZ etc), plus the loss making BAN, PAK and NZ Test tours. For that ZC had to borrow heavily internally.

When ICC realised this, they obviously complained about the T20 Competition which wasn't exactly part of the plan(yes AC's hand in that cookie jar again :D ). But ZC did argue Stanbic sponsorship plus Supersport TV Rights sold as a form of success despite the huge shortfall. Anyway the compromise was the small loans ICC gave ZC thereafter.

ZC will be a hot potato for ICC for years to come because apart from what they prescribed(just like IMF - ESAP) ZC have been forced to pull out of a tournament T20 CWC too I think, because of political tension, something which should never have happened - and wouldn't be allowed in any sport if ECB & CA weren't so powerful, and cricket big like FIFA - since it affected ZC funds and player development unnnecessarily. More so now with gradual revelations of UK and USA governments sitting on supposed Gukurahundi evidence - which many people can use even in courts to punish the hypocrisy.

Anyway, the point is while it was great to have that, ZC couldn't afford any of it, and everyone knew it. We couldn't afford it too in SA, that's a fact. We've never afforded a Franchise plus Provincial setup. England have County Div 1, Div 2 plus 2nd XIs. AUS stop at Shield and Grade which is below our Provincial, and probably on par with County 2nds - no? Either way, our is/was done for "elitism" really to put it kindly.
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well it would have been affordable if ZC had had enough credibility to attract corporate sponsorship.
What they also didn’t factor in was the wholesale theft of funds. :lol: over this period and the complete lack of interest by the general public in a game that is as alien to them as curling.
If you think your provincial cricket is on a par with Aussie grade cricket you’re smoking a crack pipe :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Some of your provincial guys wouldn’t make the Rising Stars set up :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

You don’t really think that do you? :lol: :lol:
You see this is the problem right here. I know a lot of Aussie grade cricketers, there’s a few that would walk into your national side :lol:
Your ship is sinking and you don’t even know it.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

AUS stop at Shield and Grade which is below our Provincial, and probably on par with County 2nds - no?

I love it.
He deals in facts(?!) but promotes supposition!

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/state-c ... 2019-05-24

Here's the link to the massive cuts to Sheffield Shield rosters this year too.
Stick with African cricket.Or better still, find a topic you know something about, Bonzo.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we don’t get reinstated next week the blame is firmly on Mukhuhlani’s greedy desperate shoulders. That Singapore CEO got us there to compare teams and lo and behold we’re coming up short. Well done Mukhu!!!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm
If we don’t get reinstated next week the blame is firmly on Mukhuhlani’s greedy desperate shoulders. That Singapore CEO got us there to compare teams and lo and behold we’re coming up short. Well done Mukhu!!!
It's not entirely his fault. The SRC freakshow got us into this situation.
I was quite content for them to take the actions that they did, HOWEVER they screwed the pooch by being neither here nor there. Either go all in, and suffer the consequences of the suspension by saving the game locally, or don't get involved in the first place. By taking the half measure of getting involved and then retreating at the first sign of trouble they have caused irreparable harm to Zim cricket. It was weak and pathetic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s no game to save locally, it’s all but done and most certainly without ICC money it’s done. The players were given the opportunity to jump ship and they didn’t. What went on behind the scenes is open to debate. We know Makoni is supposed to step down as he was only acting MD, plus supposedly there’s a committee with oversight.
Let’s see if that’s all implemented.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I still don't understand how there isn't the money to run domestic cricket. I mean I could almost fund one of the teams myself. The costs are so incredibly low. ZC are experts at making cheap things cost a fortune.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:49 pm
I still don't understand how there isn't the money to run domestic cricket. I mean I could almost fund one of the teams myself. The costs are so incredibly low. ZC are experts at making cheap things cost a fortune.
It's laughably pathetic.

Imagine if Singapore Cricket was given the resources of ZC. They could import a few more Tim David's, set up a modest domestic competition and I bet you they would be on par with Ireland in a few years.

What do we do? Spend it all on a conference at Victoria Falls that could be held in Harare.