SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by TapsC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm

:lol: :lol: wow. A lot has changed here in a week

sloandog
Posts: 7202
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 pm

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm
:lol: :lol: wow. A lot has changed here in a week
I’m the new acting MD of Zimbabweans cricket, didn’t you hear ?
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

Googly
Posts: 5064
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by Googly » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm

A king maker such as yourself, strategizing and influencing the gradual demise of Southern African cricket, and possibly the world at large, taking time out to deign to reply to me, a mere fan, is an honor indeed and I’m humbled by the courtesy.
And for not whistle blowing on the multitude of white kids with forged Master’s degrees that grovel in your mere presence for work (I presume?) shows you not only to have a dizzying intellect, but that common touch that makes you the great man that you are. Do you have Presidential aspirations?

Having gotten the felicitations out of the way I strongly recommend changing doctors, the concoction that fucker has got you on is seriously scrambling your synapses, possibly irreparably. :lol:
This dude lives in my kamusha and for a goat he is willing to slap some sense into you
https://youtu.be/nZ4se_AgkKI
:lol:

Did you know that up until Smith’s retirement in 2014 SA were unbeaten in Tests away from home since 2006?
There’s the problem right there, if something is working everyone wants a piece of it for free, only to discover it’s not that easy and it invariably gets fucked up. :lol:
You’re claiming you had a hand in that :lol:

I’ve really enjoyed watching Kagiso, Morné, Dale, AB, Miller, JP on occasion, QDK, Tahir and a fading Hash.
I’ve rooted for Bavuma as well, he’s tough.
That team with Donald, Hansie, Lance, Gary etc in it was the only South African team I’ve ever really supported in any SA sport. I’m an ABSA supporter. (Anyone but SA)
I don’t want to be spiteful, but the South Africans have always looked down on us despite how many springboks we produced them and I’m not disliking their discomfort under your able guidance. Hopefully you can speed up the crash and burn of their rugby so we can play them at OG’s in this Africa cup thing or whatever we play in :lol:

User avatar
encore
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by encore » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Your problem zimbo is you don't pay attention. I clearly spoke about his availability being an issue: http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... 89#p140689

I again spoke about Jongwe and Murray's availability being an issue, while not ignoring what is perceived to be ZIM's strongest XI even with all players available e.g. BT would be given the gloves ahead of Murray, and Burl plus Raza would still be picked despite their poor records: http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... 79#p139879

If you paid attention you would realise even there, that I never deny players their credit. I acknowledged Craig and Williams' form with the bat. Statistically Craig is really among the best T20I batsmen globally over the last 12months, yet he was correctly dropped against AFG and BAN.

Because when you build a team you look closer and deeper. Craig is not a T20I batsman, and Williams is not stepping up when it counts - as AFG and BAN away recently proved; plus overall, the opposition has been of very poor quality. You can't rely on it, just as much as a Moor 90* against lowly Singapore suddenly gives him better figures than a poor Raza, when in truth we know he's not a better T20I batsman than Raza who himself is a proven failure in the format at international level.

You reason from an amateur perspective, which is fine because a professional perspective isn't always necessarily superior or more accurate. However, one cannot argue with me about an absolute fact e.g. Raza's T20I record. On what basis then can you give a player a national T20 contract - lots of money, with that resume?

And even in opinions or hunches, you cannot discount an opinion of the potential of a player e.g. Sauramba/Kasuza, who haven't even played internationals or Musakanda who has a little bit and produced against quality, just so you rather prop up Moor/Burl who have played and been thoroughly found wanting in both ODIs and T20s largely against weak sides? In contrast we are all able to have a healthy rational discussion and opinions about Munyonga(time will tell), but that's only because I'm not putting him forward as T20 material at a favourite's expense.

Richard levi played just 13 matches for the Proteas, including a century and half-century, with a 140+ Strike Rate. He was dropped because he can open only(we have better allrounders for lower young&old), and is an easy wicket for top bowlers. County T20 proved just as much. Burl and Moor have played way more matches than him, and against poor attacks, and I'm totally convinced they won't deliver, and facts agree. However, you believe they will succeed, yet offer little which overrides factual evidence.

So yes, feel free to argue, but the one putting forward an indefensible argument is you, not me. Mine is factual and sound.

You and Googly are in essence saying, "No stick to Moor/Burl who have a higher probability to continue to fail, as opposed to dropping them completely for Kamunhukamwe who hasn't played a single T20I". In any system you would get fired on the spot for reasoning like that! If Mavuta sat out because part-timers Sean/Burl/Raza were considered better spinners, how would he have impressed and thrilled over here in SA? Likewise arguing "No the cupboard is bare, stick to Craig and Sean in T20s because you will lose heavily", would also get you fired on the spot in a normal system. You can't organise a T20 competition in which Chari and kamunhukamwe perform in then decide "I won't will stick to Hami and Mire as openers for these guys, even though they have both failed to cross 12 runs in the last 3 Series, beause they are the best we have".

ZIM won't improve by persisting with clearly unsuitable/failing players. You have to do something! ZIM will only improve by developing and trying new players. It's nobody's fault that the younger white ones are few eg Roche, Murray, Nathan Waller, but the Africans are more. That's natural race, not racism.

My criticising investing that kind of money on BT and KJ is not hating. It was poor business! That money could've gotten you Welch, Byrom, Higgins and more. Many hare said you're beign racist, why aren't you criticising them for Mire, and I said Mire doesn't have the same contract. But again that was argued against. So how could Mire - ZIM's best performing T20 batsman - leave, yet BT & KJ stayed to serve out the remainder of their contract? Deal in facts with truthful eventualities, not flawed doomed positions!

Stop hiding behind the absence of sound factual arguments by hurling bias/race/hate accusations. Read, understand and respond factually, or we simply agree to disagree and don't engage. I won't defend the matter again.

You may continue to believe a 33 year old Williams will win you a live rubber against quality, or that Burl and Moor will turn into T20I batsmen, but reality will continue to hit you in the face regardless becasue that is what the facts - not my wishes - are consistently screaming! On the other hand, an Elton that you feel is a waste of space, will once again carry ZIM to an unlikely victory within 2 or 3 knocks against top shelf attacks, while one of those natural aggressive batsmen you dismiss or argue can come into the team but not at the expense of Ervine, Williams or Moor, will prove you wrong too. After all, Moor wasn't left in ZIM by accident, and Craig wasn't dropped from the XI for Mutumbami by mistake - with even Chakabva retaining his spot ahead of him. And if he hadn't bowled, Williams would definitely have been dropped before Craig and Maruma. And yet, all of Chakabva, Burl, Moor, Mutumbami, Craig Williams, Raza should all not even be in that T20I XI.
Voice of reason.

sloandog
Posts: 7202
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by sloandog » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 pm

encore wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm
You and Googly are in essence saying, "No stick to Moor/Burl who have a higher probability to continue to fail, as opposed to dropping them completely for Kamunhukamwe who hasn't played a single T20I".
You mean Moor who hammered 92 to win us the game recently? https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... es-2019-20

You mean Ryan Burl who has consistently taken wickets and scored runs in his last six/seven T20 internationals?
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... es-2019-20
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... es-2019-20
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... es-2019-20
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/194 ... eries-2019
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/194 ... eries-2019
encore wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm
an Elton that you feel is a waste of space, will once again carry ZIM to an unlikely victory within 2 or 3 knocks against top shelf attacks
And when was the last time he illustrated this against top quality attacks? Before you say we haven't played any top class attacks, I seem to remember Moor crunching Shamsi for 4 big six's and scored a blistering knock. Chigumbura was playing in that game, did he stick his hand up??
encore wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm
After all, Moor wasn't left in ZIM by accident, and Craig wasn't dropped from the XI for Mutumbami by mistake
And Chigumbura wasn't even selected for either tours :lol: What does that say about about your theory of him being a better, more dependable, destructive T20 option than those mentioned, and b: being left behind because of a lack T20 ability.
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by zimbos_05 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Oh encore, you are an infantile pillock who does nothing but push around his ego and abuse the humanity of others. Whilst there is nothing wrong in expressing your view and opinion, the problem is that you do so by declaring stupidity of others without base. You are the type of person who listens only to respond and not to understand. You give no other person a chance and are not willing to accept that in Africa, there can be a multicultural society that can be cohesive and successful for a common cause. How dare you accuse me of being amateur when you prance around on your high horse pretending to be a saviour despite countless times of being proven wrong. You know nothing of my background and I am willing to bet that I have worked at a higher level of sport than you have.

It's really hard to pay attention in your incoherent babble of essays and verbose fiction. You always bring up stats and figures to argue your case against the white guys, well, if Sauramba is going to be selected, he needs to have shown in the domestic scene that he has the skills and ability and back it up with stats. He averages bloody 10. A kangaroo could average 10.

I saw your post about Murray, it is the same post that said you would play BT as wk, but then ended up picking Sauramba. Essentially contradicting yourself in one post, which is bound to happen when all you do is write so much bullshit and so poorly articulate it.

I've countered your "facts" so many times with facts, reasoning and even tried to engage in meaningful discussion, and you have either never ever responded, called me a Rhodie, changed your tune, continued to engage in false prophecies and lies, and also engaged in racism, so I am by no means indefensible. Even sloan has countered your claims in the very next post after yours. You always ignore, deflect, and hide, which is often what you associate with cowardice.

Next time you want to call me out, know that I will not sit idly by. Whenever proven wrong on matters of cricketing fact and stats, you have only engaged in personal attacks towards me.

If you have an issue with selection, why don't you blame the selection panel, and the administration for allowing it to continue?

TapsC
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by TapsC » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 am

1 thing I will continue to say is that racism is an overplayed argument on both sides in zimbabwe cricket when you have less than 10 white players in the system. I dont remember the last time a player was left out because of colour. Maybe during the chingoka days but not recently. Its an overplayed argument used to mask the real problem. Corruption. Corruption knows no colour. Only money green. Its a shame that both sides continously get played by the people in charge so that they argue amongst themselves instead of the real issue.

Most cases like the Musakanda issue have nothing to do with race right now but other issues with certain people at domestic level so I heard. I also cant think of a white player who wants to play who isnt getting picked because he is white. The raza issue is also an admin iasue. Race is not the cause of our current problems right now in cricket. The person who tried to remove the board was Mlotshwa. He is black

The real issue is that in a country surrounded by poverty there is USD94 million which is not that hard to access if you are connected. USD94 million which has no key performance indicators. An organisation where you can go and be bad at your job and still get paid. This goes all the way from the Chairman to the muppets who lost a game against Singapore. Everybody is complicit. From corrupt admin to mediocre players selling each other out for a USD300/month contract.

TapsC
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by TapsC » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 am

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 pm
TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm
:lol: :lol: wow. A lot has changed here in a week
I’m the new acting MD of Zimbabweans cricket, didn’t you hear ?
Well I think you have played the game at a higher level than Makoni or Bvute ever did. You qualify for the job

Googly
Posts: 5064
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by Googly » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Well said, Taps

Googly
Posts: 5064
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by Googly » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:41 pm

It's really hard to pay attention in your incoherent babble of essays and verbose fiction.
:lol: :lol: :lol: too good!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests