[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 4 | NEP v ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 4 | NEP v ZIM

Post by Mr Twig »

In: Jakiel, Moor, Mashinge, Chatara
Out: Madziva, Ngarava, W Masakadza, Maruma (inj)

zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 4 | NEP v ZIM

Post by zimbos_05 »

3 down for 38. Missed the first two wickets, but Moor was too far forward on the ball and got beaten by the spin. Should be playing it off the back foot.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Chari looked like he got a dud lbw call. Mawoyo got the shock of his life on commentary

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Chari
Chakabva
Moor
Williams
Mutombodzi
Burl
Mutumbami

7 whole batsmen against Associates, and not a single proper T20 batsman among them! NONE! Not even one!

Unbelievable stuff! How one earth does a player play 10+ T20I games and you fail to see that they are not suitable for this format. I don't get this! We dropped Jacques Kallis. Not even India and Australia would pick Ponting and Sachin in their XIs today.

You have 3 frontline bowlers (Chatara, Jakiel and and Mashinge). Potentially 8+ overs to part-timers! :shock:

Anyway, that's exactly what's been happening for the past 2-3 years with serial losses so...
Voice of reason.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:53 am
3 down for 38. Missed the first two wickets, but Moor was too far forward on the ball and got beaten by the spin. Should be playing it off the back foot.
Zimbabwe generally does not have backfoot players.

I think only Craig Wishart and Malcolm Waller as far as I know. Is there another one? If Mark Vermeulen could play off the backfoot he would have averaged 40+ in Tests and ODIs. easy. Goodwin started off as a backfoot player changed and completely lost it. Became average as a result and ran away.

It's a serious problem in ZIM. Very serious. I can't tell you why.
Voice of reason.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Jakiel is an international cricketer. We did it guys.
Has anyone thought about how incredible it is that we pulled it off? Having easily succeeded in Moormania and Burlmania, we plucked someone out of total obscurity from the depths of second eleven club cricket and we got him an international cap.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Jakielmania is a reality! Now to get Mark Olonga in the team.

Good to see Williams, Moor, and Burl guiding us to a respectable total today, although no doubt Regis' 6 runs from 11 balls was somehow the more valuable innings.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Great first over from Jakiel, living up to the hype.
2.1 Jakiel to Khadka, FOUR, perfectly executed bouncer. The batsman tried to get out of the way but left his bat up like a periscope. Mutumbami misses a tight chance and the ball races to the boundary.

2.2 Jakiel to Khadka, no run, short of a length outside off stump and the batsman lets it go.

2.3 Jakiel to Khadka, no run, there was some serious heat on that one! Khadka is slow on it, the ball misses the top of off by a few inches.

2.4 Jakiel to Khadka, 1 run, a wild swipe sees the ball trickle to backward square leg.

2.5 Jakiel to Aarif Sheikh, no run, short and wide but too quick for the batsman to put it away.

2.6 Jakiel to Aarif Sheikh, no run, was that an in-dipper? It looked like a full toss but dipped wildly at the last second leaving Aarif in all sorts of confusion. A strong start for Jakiel.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Sean Williams putting in yet another good shift, showing us why he's easily one of our best T20 and LOI players

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

By the way, that outfield is absolutely awful. We're now literally playing in parks