[Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 4 | NEP v ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread ] Singapore Tri Nation T20I Game 4 | NEP v ZIM

Post by Googly »

I watched Myers on a school live feed T20. He’s a better bat than most of those guys in that side and a helluva lot better seamer than anyone there except Chatara, and he can bowl block hole balls. We won that easy but what a shit game of village cricket. I can watch Williams bat, he’s class. We would be absolutely killed against a big side. Mashinge and Jakiel would have gone at 25-36 an over. Good batters may have missed the first couple in disbelief. Serious. Next.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We’ve seen enough of Ngarava and Reggie as well.
There’s no point

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bring back Evans and you have a decent ready made seamer and he can bat a bit.

MGN

Post by MGN »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:09 pm
That Sandeep guy is serious. Great bowler. 90kph leg breaks and a good googly, he might find himself with an IPL contract if he keeps bowling like that.
He already has a contract with Delhi Capitals, he made is IPL debut last year. He is also plays for Melbourne Stars in BBL and for Barbados Tridents in CPL.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jakiel- club bowler
Mashinge - club bowler (was really hoping he was fast)
Chari - seriously out of his depth

Googly

Post by Googly »

No Chari has to have a few more goes. That was top ten worst lbw’s In world cricket. They need the ice cream guy from the sidelines to overrule shit like that. How does a twat like that even get to umpire.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So Jakiel is literally Malinga. Kisses the ball, the slinging action, only he is missing the pace and swing. He does like a good yorker though. That is one thing we miss, someone willing to go for the yorker. If he had some pace and variation, I'd consider him. However, having see what Mashinge and Ngarava have to offer, I'd keep Jakiel as an option, unless we can get our shit in order. What i did like about him is that he seems a grafter. He probably knows he is not the best, so he works hard. He seems to be thinking about what he is doing.

Nice of Williams to take advice from encore and perform for once.

I think we all know the selection for this tour is shit. All of that has to come down to the coach and the selectors. Of course though, they won't bare any repercussions, and admin because if shit was run properly, we would be having a proper A squad out there including Murray, Diplock, Roche, Muzarabani, Kamu, Tari...

It's also quite obvious that brm was watching a completely different game.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It doesn’t matter how many games or how much exposure you give some guys they won’t step up.
I’m curious what Encore thinks about the Proteas/India test at the moment? They’re going to put on 500 plus here. Their copycat Zim approach bearing fruit :lol: except they’re stealing way way more money at double the speed. They should make a rule- you can only steal $10 million, but then you have to stop. They’re finished as a top flight cricketing nation, the odd win here and there against the good sides, but the wins will become fewer and further between.

Googly

Post by Googly »

At the athletics world championships the SA contingent have taken an entire 5 star hotel and the SA admin and their families outnumber the athletes 7:1.
No jokes.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Chari was unlucky but I have never seen a Chari knock which was smooth. Even when he scored 80 odd he had 4 or 5 near misses. Its always a struggle story. Im sorry he just isnt good enough for international cricket. Domestic cricket yes but not this level.

Its really sad when you realize 33 year old Mpofu might be the only bowler in the system who can bowl at least 137kph. That is pathetic. I remember watching the u19s with the Matigimus and Ngaravas and watching them bowl faster than the senior gents. Now the Ngaravas are in the system and he has lost some pace as well. Something is wrong with the system. Personally if I could fire 1 person in that coaching staff it would be Hondo. He has been a passenger for 5 years now. Not even 1 bowler has improved. He offers nothing at all