Munyonga mania

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Munyonga mania

Post by zimlover »

Looks like he deserves a mania, very impressed by how he has batted in this game although we are playing against Singapore.
He looked comfortable with spin and was easily rotating the strike and looks very comfortable on the crease.
Looks like the best thing to have happened on this tour

Let's keep an eye on him

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Munyonga mania

Post by sloandog »

zimlover wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Looks like the best thing to have happened on this tour
Preach

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I enjoyed that as well. He was Matsikenyere’s pick I would guess. Bold move from shite club cricket. Having watched him I still have to say Myers is a level up.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Ya I enjoyed that as well. He was Matsikenyere’s pick I would guess. Bold move from shite club cricket. Having watched him I still have to say Myers is a level up.
I really hope we keep Myers.
Burl, Moor, Musakanda, Munyonga (early days I know), Myers and Murray hold enough talent to transition into the side. Young Dane Schardendorff (spelling) I’ve been told is a precocious talent to be kept an eye on! Any bowlers coming through??

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m a bit out of touch, to be honest, I see the AC academy beat Zim A in a friendly, so there’s probably a couple of decent lads there. That’s what gets me, those guys were probably players not being picked up by a franchise and then with good coaching they beat a zim A side. It’s the same as the RS guys, you give them concentrated coaching and they win a few games, makes you wonder what the franchise coaches and players get up to, presumably resting on their laurels after being given $200 buck contracts.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Why were Munyonga & Mashinge not included in the test squad
Letd hope the make the squad for Bangladesh

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mashinge is a decent combative cricketer, but he’s not good enough to make an impact at the highest level.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Mashinge is a decent combative cricketer, but he’s not good enough to make an impact at the highest level.
Where would you rate him bowling and batting wise compared to the other seam bowling allrounders going around like Madziva, Tiripano & Jongwe??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

I haven’t seen any of them this season unfortunately. I know about as much as you do by looking at the stats.
Mashinge looks to be quite a handy batsman, and I know he’s a really determined guy. I watched one game of his for RS and he looked pretty solid.
Jongwe is the really talented one, but I’m not sure how he is now after his fall from grace. Talent only gets you so far in this game, hard work and what you’ve got between your ears becomes more important.

This halving of salaries story is being hugely underplayed.
The excuse is that ICC have halved our budget. I’m no saying it’s not true, but it would be a great lie to tell if you’re trying not to spend money. If you know you’re now getting only half and then promptly have two supposedly expensive test matches that effectively kills your budget for the FC game it doesn’t add up for me. I smell porky pies.
Why are we now on half and why would they look to restoring the full allocation in October? Do we have targets to meet? Is it temporary or is it permanent?
We’re not going to get a clear and truthful statement from anyone and will have to rely on back door answers.

If it’s permanent Zim cricket is effectively dead in the water. They couldn’t run the show on double the amount so what’s the plan going forward?
They’re going to spin that there’s a full schedule for the national guys, but what about all the other cricket?
I want to remind the players and staff that their support of this corrupt and incompetent regime has cost us $4 million dollars a year and everyone seems to be taking it in their stride. It’s hard to comprehend. We’ve lost an allocation that keeps entire country’s cricket afloat and there isn’t even a vague murmur?? Unless I’m missing something then they all deserve what’s coming, which is cricketing oblivion. What would happen to the CEO of a company that permanently lost half their revenue stream overnight through gross incompetence, negligence and misappropriation? And it’s not Mickey Mouse money either, it’s $4 M green! Well in the real world he’d be looking at 15-20 unless he could pay some of it back, but we clearly don’t live in the real world here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This is exactly what happens when you take over free shit that you had no part in the creation of, it’s just easy come easy go. Its just a pot to loot by all means possible.
Do you have any idea how hard it must have been for the previous guys to get us onto centre stage and amass $10m? I guess all the staff wait for October, admin will have a few months to prepare the next story for the gullible and stupid to swallow.