Munyonga mania

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Munyonga mania

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:31 am
I haven’t seen any of them this season unfortunately. I know about as much as you do by looking at the stats.
Mashinge looks to be quite a handy batsman, and I know he’s a really determined guy. I watched one game of his for RS and he looked pretty solid.
Jongwe is the really talented one, but I’m not sure how he is now after his fall from grace. Talent only gets you so far in this game, hard work and what you’ve got between your ears becomes more important.

This halving of salaries story is being hugely underplayed.
The excuse is that ICC have halved our budget. I’m no saying it’s not true, but it would be a great lie to tell if you’re trying not to spend money. If you know you’re now getting only half and then promptly have two supposedly expensive test matches that effectively kills your budget for the FC game it doesn’t add up for me. I smell porky pies.
Why are we now on half and why would they look to restoring the full allocation in October? Do we have targets to meet? Is it temporary or is it permanent?
We’re not going to get a clear and truthful statement from anyone and will have to rely on back door answers.

If it’s permanent Zim cricket is effectively dead in the water. They couldn’t run the show on double the amount so what’s the plan going forward?
They’re going to spin that there’s a full schedule for the national guys, but what about all the other cricket?
I want to remind the players and staff that their support of this corrupt and incompetent regime has cost us $4 million dollars a year and everyone seems to be taking it in their stride. It’s hard to comprehend. We’ve lost an allocation that keeps entire country’s cricket afloat and there isn’t even a vague murmur?? Unless I’m missing something then they all deserve what’s coming, which is cricketing oblivion. What would happen to the CEO of a company that permanently lost half their revenue stream overnight through gross incompetence, negligence and misappropriation? And it’s not Mickey Mouse money either, it’s $4 M green! Well in the real world he’d be looking at 15-20 unless he could pay some of it back, but we clearly don’t live in the real world here.
I'm also trying to understand why the ICC is suffocating them after backing them. Maybe they are trying to do the job for us after realizing people on the ground don't have the balls to do it. they know we badly need the money. Something isn't adding up. Requests for audits etc. Something is going on here. I doubt ZC hosted 2 test matches for half their budget because they wanted to. Seems like the ICC is trying to push them into bankruptcy. If the Ireland test goes ahead they will have to halve salaries again.

As for the players I hope we use the Bangladesh and Ireland limited overs stuff to try out the likes of Munyonga Madhevere Kamunukamwe Mudzinganyama etc . There is nothing at stake so we might as well try out different combinations. Especially the opening spots. A Kamunhukamwe-Madhevere opening pair wouldn't be a bad try. Both very aggressive.

Googly

Post by Googly »

No they’re more than happy with corruptible easily manipulated puppets at the helm. The last thing they need is someone who actually gives a damn about our cricket.
The ongoing experiments by clueless corruptible hand picked Zolsky selectors needs to happen when we play Derbyshire otherwise there may come a time when Williams decides not to let one of their chosen batsmen actually bat :lol: That would be a first :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There is nothing at stake, that bird has flown, they just want to make sure we don’t lose too badly, that’s their only goal. They’re playing musical chairs with the same caliber of players, decent enough, but we’re not winning anything.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 am
There is nothing at stake, that bird has flown, they just want to make sure we don’t lose too badly, that’s their only goal. They’re playing musical chairs with the same caliber of players, decent enough, but we’re not winning anything.
What happened to Munyonga's mania when Tinotenda M is playing

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:48 am
Googly wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 am
What happened to Munyonga's mania when Tinotenda M is playing
Munyonga feels undone