Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:35 am

There’s radio silence from SRC, Titan Law, ZC, Coventry etc. As usual we are in the dark and it’s unacceptable. Why are all these supposed journalists not asking these questions. Nothing asked, nothing answered.
All these muppets were quick to get onto Dean@Stumps and give their version of events when the battle was on, but now they’re all quiet and there’s an uneasy truce. It’s about as suspicious as it can get. This inability to speak for fear of victimization is why we’re in this hole.
To be fair, it's the journalists job to be following up. We all know the guys in Zim will feel they don't have to answer anyone, but this is where the journalist needs to do their job. Be in their faces and ask questions. Ask what the resolution was. Ask what is going to happen moving forward. There needs to be journalists doing their job, and none of them are.

Melhuli I can understand because he is a ZC muppet and doesn't know the first thing about journalistic integrity. He wont do his job, but the others need to do something. They can't just sit back and not be doing their job.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

What the SRC should have done was not make a move until they had the smoking gun. FBI style.in fact the way the USA dealt with Sepp Blatter and his cronies at FIFA through the FBI is what needed to be done.

The smoking gun is within the 19 million that was taken over by ZAMCO. Mlotshwa using connections should have through the anti-corruption committee (ZACC) gotten access to the details of the debt that was taken over. I am certain some of it was personal. After he got the concrete evidence next step was to use his connections again to arrest them and make sure they cant bribe the system and get convicted. Once convicted its a walk in the park. ICC would have had their hands tied. They cant defend convicted criminals.

The problem is he made the same mistake a lot of lawyers make in a corrupt system. Overestimate their ability. The other guys are not factionally aligned to the cirrent ruling faction of the ruling party. It was very achievable. Without even using metbank. Some of these guys took personap loans using ZC as the guarantor. I am sure when ZAMCO was assessing the debt they added it on there.

Us expecting the bad guys to do the right thing and step down was another mistake

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am
And to follow on with the race thought, if the nightmare admin of the last 17 years never happened, racially we would actually still be in a very similar spot to what we have now.

The last 4 years or so, the racial makeup has been around 6/4 white to black (plus Raza).

If we had kept our best in the system, we would definitely have a stronger and whiter domestic scene, but the national team would still be about 6/4 or 7/3 white to black.

The reason being is most of our white talent, even now, are batsman and fighting for batting spots. Our best black guys are bowlers.
In a full strength side, Chatara would still be in the 11. Blessing would be in the 11.
Hamilton would still have beeen in the 11 (except turfed at 34) and Mire and Elton would have been mainstays of our T20 side, which youd think would have triple the number of fixtures you’d get now.
And then you think of these X factor talents like Jongwe, Musakanda, Moyunga and maybe Muyeye who are basically allowed to rot. One of them could easily have risen up to be in our top 7 bats at full strength.

Players like Grandhomme and Ballance would basically be competing with Raza and Moor.

Basically what I’m saying is all the heartache of the racial shit over twenty years has only resulted in one more black player in the national team and a whole lot of suffering for them and the white guys.
Ryan Murray will probably make it turn into another 7/3 soon if they follow this 8 batsmen formula but you are right if we stick to the usual 7 batsmen you will see white players fighting for the same spots. Most of the white guys we talk about who can come back are batsmen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What is pitiful is the number of senior white guys. The problem here is that most of them have options so if they don’t make the national side they won’t hang around for too long at franchise level on that sort of money before they hang up their boots or try elsewhere. In the old days these guys had soft jobs as salesmen or in the tobacco industry and were well supported by an entirely sympathetic and avidly interested commercial sector. Sadly that no longer exists and I have no idea what guys do to make ends meet, but it can’t be pretty. There’s nothing stopping interested black commerce jumping in to assist, but they don’t exist. It’s a pity Strive didn’t have a very good cricket playing son.
The other side of the coin is that most of the black guys not in the national side are trapped, most probably have no other formal qualifications and they just have to accept what comes their way. As I said before, I was entirely sympathetic with their plight, but now not so much. I do understand their misgivings and how they’ve been manipulated but their short sightedness will be our demise. We have to hope that a full international schedule will keep us afloat and that money will trickle down to the franchise guys and our domestic scene improves, but why would it? Same old guys and same old trickery is anticipated. Let’s see how this domestic season starts. This time they have an excuse to start it right in the middle of the rainy season :lol:
We’ve had full schedules before and teams often find an excuse not to come, the spin doctors can say this time it will be different all they like, but we need to see it happen, talk is cheap.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Predictable words from the man who sneaked off and got us suspended from the ICC thereby costing us the opportunity play in the lucrative T20 WC, who stopped players and staff salaries for 4 months and generally set us back a couple of years and all to ensure he hung on like from death to something that he claims is a mere hobby to him and does not occupy him on a full time basis. We’re so grateful for all the hard work you’ve put in to get us reinstated :lol:, you’re the man!!

https://www.facebook.com/17021607354374 ... 80?sfns=mo

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Predictable words from the man who sneaked off and got us suspended from the ICC thereby costing us the opportunity play in the lucrative T20 WC, who stopped players and staff salaries for 4 months and generally set us back a couple of years and all to ensure he hung on like from death to something that he claims is a mere hobby to him and does not occupy him on a full time basis. We’re so grateful for all the hard work you’ve put in to get us reinstated :lol:, you’re the man!!

https://www.facebook.com/17021607354374 ... 80?sfns=mo
Anyone who genuinely cares for the progress of the game would let those who understand it, run it. He says what needs to be said in front of the cameras, but carries on like a snake behind it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What a strange Tweet by Titan Law??
“Those that are bitter about the lifting of the suspension should suspend themselves from the game!”
I cannot think of a single person that wants cricket to end here, I wonder who he’s talking about? That almost sounds like someone from the interim board was stamping their feet.
What we want to hear is what new changes are being implemented- who’s the new MD, is there an oversight committee etc etc, not this stuff about we must all pull together for the greater good, let bygones be bygones etc etc. I called that.

I have some big question marks over women’s cricket.
Where have these ladies learnt their cricket? To my knowledge it’s not played at school level so how do these ladies suddenly decide as adults that they’re going to have a go at a game they’ve never been near?
For ZC to spend vital funds on developing the game is to merely tick a necessary box in my view. Does ICC give us extra funding for that?
What’s the budget for this? School cricket is dying, age group cricket is non existent, club cricket is usually a shambles, domestic cricket the same, yet here we are now supposedly about to channel some resources into a new venture?
I’m not saying don’t do it, I’m asking how they’re going to do it when the other stuff has never ever been done properly. Why not focus on doing a couple of vital things well rather than 10 things really badly.
How do you develop ladies cricket without girls school cricket being played? I’m trying not to be cynical here but the only way you’re attracting women to cricket is through financial incentive, and if you can keep men franchise players on the hook with a couple of hundred bucks a month then women here will probably settle for less. When everyone here is in survival mode there’s not a lot of time for leisure, particularly in a game that takes up the whole day and we know that the ladies do most of the work!
The way to judge whether a committee/board is successful is for them to publicly announce exactly what their plans are for the year and we get to see whether they are capable of implementing and sticking to the game plan. They’ll say what the plan is in general terms but they won’t ever spell out the actual step by step because they’ve never been able to stick to it.
If these guys were made to make public the step by step action plan so their performance can be judged you’d see an improvement. These blanket silences and their tame journalists that won’t criticize them is how they manage to hang in and limp along.