Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by Googly »

Ok. Ya I’m no racist bud. I just don’t like these people floatin our boat. They are crooks and they continue.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Taps I dunno why u even say that. No policemen allowed in the inner sanctum, only the trusted soldiers will get a bone.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:47 pm
chesterton wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm
Is it not better to lose, but with a team represented by the sons of the soil?
What a stupid, small minded, uneducated and out of date thing to say.
You've had some corkers here over the years Hhm but that takes the biscuit.
Ok firstly, I just floated the idea as an idea. Think like a philosopher for once and not a money hungry cockney.

Secondly, that’s rich coming from you. I thought you ZC types wanted this sort of all quota thing?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Good news.

Also intereting to see cricinfo's headline that both ZIM and Nepal are "reininstated". Had no idea Nepal was without ICC funding, and had been since 2016. But they were still competing in ICC events...quite odd.

Anyways its good news for both ZIM and NEP, especially given the progress Nepal have made the past few years (attaining ODI status).

The ODI league can now continue without any hitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:22 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:47 pm
chesterton wrote:
What a stupid, small minded, uneducated and out of date thing to say.
You've had some corkers here over the years Hhm but that takes the biscuit.
Ok firstly, I just floated the idea as an idea. Think like a philosopher for once and not a money hungry cockney.

Secondly, that’s rich coming from you. I thought you ZC types wanted this sort of all quota thing?
Single figures yet? Or is it 11 posts left..?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

chesterton wrote:
But let me put it to you,

That’s African American representation, meaning they also get the money for playing national sport which means a dozen more jobs are created for the indigenous.

Is winning inconsequential in the scheme of things?
Dumbest thing I've read on this forum, and there's been some zingers.

In terms of the suspension. Ofcourse I am happy to have it lifted. A part of me knows this is just going to be like the coup. We still have Mukhu in charge and nothing will change. The same thieves will continue to steal and take for themselves and it will be the sport and players who suffer.

Kirsty is a nothing minister from what I have seen of her so far. She seems to be the type that will bow to whoever is threatening more. ICC are also complicit in Zims decline as they have supported this regime and allowed this to happen. Happy to be back in ICC events, although we are missing the T20 qualifiers (which again, ICC could have allowed us to compete in) but I am quite skeptical that things will change.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Time to get back to business. If Mukuhlani was shrewd and really wanted to consolidate power he would bring back a Flower brother to make people forget the pain of the last couple of months. The money is there. Be smart for once
After the way Mukuhlani treated Streak I doubt either of the Flower brothers would want to work under him, Muku through Streak under bus after the qualifiers by sacking him then accusing him of being a racist.

I'm happy the suspension is lifted as I've given up now on the hope of a bright future ahead which I know can't be achieved under this regime, now I just look forward to hopefully seeing a few of my favourite players make some big scores before they retire. I also hope to see Zimbabwe play a few more Tests with the current player group, watching Zimbabwe play Test cricket is still my favourite cricket to watch.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:24 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Time to get back to business. If Mukuhlani was shrewd and really wanted to consolidate power he would bring back a Flower brother to make people forget the pain of the last couple of months. The money is there. Be smart for once
After the way Mukuhlani treated Streak I doubt either of the Flower brothers would want to work under him, Muku through Streak under bus after the qualifiers by sacking him then accusing him of being a racist.

I'm happy the suspension is lifted as I've given up now on the hope of a bright future ahead which I know can't be achieved under this regime, now I just look forward to hopefully seeing a few of my favourite players make some big scores before they retire. I also hope to see Zimbabwe play a few more Tests with the current player group, watching Zimbabwe play Test cricket is still my favourite cricket to watch.
Taylor, Williams, Raza, and Ervine are all 33-34. Jarvis is 30. Assuming they play until 37-38 (Jarvis till 34) means they can kick on another 4 years or so (at least I hope). That core should remain in Tests until around 2023 IMO. ZIM are scheduled to play 17 Tests I think in the next FTP. Some will likely get cancelled (lets hope not), so they should still end up with another 10-12 Tests.

So lets assume the batters each get to bat another 25 Test innings (could be 30+ if no Tests are cancelled)...still a fair bit of cricket left I reckon.

Zim could/should try to work in younger players in ODIs and T20s but I think the Test side should keep the senior core and only bring in 1-2 young batters at a time. Bowling wise, Chatara, Jarvis, and Mumba are shoe-ins, and for the spinners I'm not sure who would be the best bet.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Nothing is certain regarding Zimbabwean cricket, this year was supposed to be a busy year for ZC according to the ICC FTP, but apart from the Irish tour everything got cancelled. Already next year the tour of India has been cancelled and it looks like the Sri Lankan series has also been cancelled.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 am
Nothing is certain regarding Zimbabwean cricket, this year was supposed to be a busy year for ZC according to the ICC FTP, but apart from the Irish tour everything got cancelled. Already next year the tour of India has been cancelled and it looks like the Sri Lankan series has also been cancelled.
That was all due to ZC's sudden (but not unexpected) suspension. Now that ZC are reinstated, the series which haven't been cancelled can also be reinstated.

WI home series, tour to SL, tour to BD in March 2020, etc. ZC should try and organize home tours against Afghanistan and Ireland who would be willing (and can now afford) to pay their own expenses.

ZIM can manage to play 4-5 Tests a year if the ZC board wants it.

But you're right, knowing the ZC, they might prefer to play bilaterals with UAE or Scotland or triangulars with Nepal and Canada rather than host AFG/IRE for a Test series.