Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chesterton

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by chesterton »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am
As his schizophrenia worsened it became easier and easier tearing him a new one, it was hardly sport any more.
To be fair I enjoyed his input because one gets a direct insight into how the decision makers actually think. Whether he is one or not one can only wonder, but their logic is the same. His manipulation of stats and facts to push his agenda is world class, he’s the Jonathon Moyo of the cricketing forums and I’m sure when you have that much to say you won’t be quiet for long.
I’m a cynic of populist propaganda because every single time once that person gets into a powerful position they think they’ve earned the right to line their pockets. Not one politician or administrator has ever dreamt up a way to grow a parallel structure because the quickest way is to take over an existing one. It works temporarily and sticks it to the people perceived to have monopolized resources, it’s fast, gets temporary results and is wildly popular. I don’t think the general population will ever figure out that they’re mere pawns in a power game.

Doing things properly it turns out is not that easy and impossible for some, and above all it takes time, many years if not generations and the founders rarely enjoy the benefits, which is the crux of the matter, it’s like planting trees! It’s a good analogy actually, who’s planting the trees? Nobody that I can see.

In case anyone missed the mistakes that were made here we can sit back and watch it happen all over again in South Africa in fast forward. The frustrating part is that no one learns from it. There’s a lot of “this time we’ll make it work, we’ve got money, resources, infrastructure and the numbers!” What could go wrong? When it doesn’t work the outcome is always more bitterness and more divide, which is human nature.

What Africa needs is technocrats and we have them in abundance, but we end up with greedy politicians that know exactly how to position themselves only for their own benefit and to surround themselves with a group that can consolidate their positions. When the avarice gets too much and the pot empties they eventually fight amongst themselves

What I don’t get is the greed. When is it ever enough?
And the shamelessness- if you know there are better people out there for public office and your wallet is full surely enjoy your ill-gotten gains elsewhere because what you left behind is a smoking ruin. The problem is you’ve mapped the route for the next plunderer who promises to do better, but can’t and won’t. If you’re wondering whether I’m talking cricket or politics here, they’re one and the same.
But let me put it to you,
Is it not better to lose, but with a team represented by the sons of the soil?

That’s African American representation, meaning they also get the money for playing national sport which means a dozen more jobs are created for the indigenous.

Is winning inconsequential in the scheme of things?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm
What a stupid, small minded, uneducated and out of date thing to say.
You've had some corkers here over the years Hhm but that takes the biscuit.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Many congratulations guys. Finally some good news for Zimbabwe cricket fans. Very happy for ZC as a fan.

Come on and show some good results on the field now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The green label will be flowing tonight and Harare hookers will be prepping. Mukhu must have had a discharge in his pants in relief becosue believe me this is proper cash, not buying expired generic pharmaceuticals and dodging duty. A looter continua.
But relieved for the lads nonetheless, we dodged a bullet there with Mukhu happy to sell us down the river if he couldn’t keep his mitts on the moolah.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Racially biased!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Me?

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s one thing I’m not, get lost. If you know people on the ground here go and ask. I just tell it as it is.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

chesterton wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm
Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am
As his schizophrenia worsened it became easier and easier tearing him a new one, it was hardly sport any more.
To be fair I enjoyed his input because one gets a direct insight into how the decision makers actually think. Whether he is one or not one can only wonder, but their logic is the same. His manipulation of stats and facts to push his agenda is world class, he’s the Jonathon Moyo of the cricketing forums and I’m sure when you have that much to say you won’t be quiet for long.
I’m a cynic of populist propaganda because every single time once that person gets into a powerful position they think they’ve earned the right to line their pockets. Not one politician or administrator has ever dreamt up a way to grow a parallel structure because the quickest way is to take over an existing one. It works temporarily and sticks it to the people perceived to have monopolized resources, it’s fast, gets temporary results and is wildly popular. I don’t think the general population will ever figure out that they’re mere pawns in a power game.

Doing things properly it turns out is not that easy and impossible for some, and above all it takes time, many years if not generations and the founders rarely enjoy the benefits, which is the crux of the matter, it’s like planting trees! It’s a good analogy actually, who’s planting the trees? Nobody that I can see.

In case anyone missed the mistakes that were made here we can sit back and watch it happen all over again in South Africa in fast forward. The frustrating part is that no one learns from it. There’s a lot of “this time we’ll make it work, we’ve got money, resources, infrastructure and the numbers!” What could go wrong? When it doesn’t work the outcome is always more bitterness and more divide, which is human nature.

What Africa needs is technocrats and we have them in abundance, but we end up with greedy politicians that know exactly how to position themselves only for their own benefit and to surround themselves with a group that can consolidate their positions. When the avarice gets too much and the pot empties they eventually fight amongst themselves

What I don’t get is the greed. When is it ever enough?
And the shamelessness- if you know there are better people out there for public office and your wallet is full surely enjoy your ill-gotten gains elsewhere because what you left behind is a smoking ruin. The problem is you’ve mapped the route for the next plunderer who promises to do better, but can’t and won’t. If you’re wondering whether I’m talking cricket or politics here, they’re one and the same.
But let me put it to you,

That’s African American representation, meaning they also get the money for playing national sport which means a dozen more jobs are created for the indigenous.

Is winning inconsequential in the scheme of things?
Racially biased!

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm
Me?
No, I am taking about other member.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Time to get back to business. If Mukuhlani was shrewd and really wanted to consolidate power he would bring back a Flower brother to make people forget the pain of the last couple of months. The money is there. Be smart for once