Africans in ICC T20 Qualifiers 2019 UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Africans in ICC T20 Qualifiers 2019 UAE

Post by The Robot »

ICC T20 Qualifiers 2019 to be kicked off today at UAE, with three teams from Africa taking Part. Kenya & Namibia in Group A and Nigeria in Group B.

Six teams finishing highest in the points table will join Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in the first group stage of the 2020 ICC T20 World Cup ,where four teams finishing top in the charts will be joining 8 teams already qualifed for the main event ICC T20 World Cup 2020 in Australia
Robo to rule :oops:

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Africans in ICC T20 Qualifiers 2019 UAE

Post by The Robot »

Robo to rule :oops:

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

DK what happened to Namibia. They battered PNG recently in tri series but got a hammering from them today

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Namibia got put in the tougher pool and have put themselves in a dangerous spot losing their first two games by big margins

Namibia seem to make some odd selections, 3 spinners who all can’t bat yet they open the bowling with Erasmus ? Surely if he’s going to open the bowling you don’t need 3 more spinners who as I said can’t bat?? Surely another batsman would have been useful.

Really hurts to watch/follow this tournament knowing how enjoyable the ODI version was following Zim’s journey 😔
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm

Really hurts to watch/follow this tournament knowing how enjoyable the ODI version was following Zim’s journey 😔
This. Now I know why Sloan was so upset when they missed out on the WC. That draw of also knowing you could have gone to watch them in the flesh when they came to Aus, but can't. I missed them at 15 WC because I was in England, and now that I am here, will miss them again.

I hate the administration.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The Namibians are now looking very good after a slow start to their campaign, I watched their match against Kenya and I truely believe they’re good enough to qualify for the T20 WC. They’ve now at least secured a chance of a playoff, more than likely they’ll have two bites at the cherry by finishing 3rd.

I really like the make up of their side, they got it wrong in the first two games by playing 3 spinners and leaving out Stephen Baard, but now they look much more balanced. The captain Gerhard Erasmus has found form with two fifties in the last two games, whilst they’re still waiting for JP Kotze to find his groove. He has been disappointing thus far although his last two innings have shown he’s starting to find the middle, hopefully he has a big innings in store for their next match.

I really enjoyed watching them play, they’re a really good unit in the field and they all play a part, sounds like a team I used to know 🤔🤔🤔 I’m not sure what the ICC has planned for such associates like Namibia but I’ll definitely be following them closely.

I reckon they’d definitely much up well against Zimbabwe and more than likely come out on top on a few occasions, surely Zimbabwe and Namibia should be playing regularly in T20s and ODIs ??? I think the inclusion of some of the Namibians into the ZC domestic setup would benefit both parties.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Namibia has done well. Nigeria very much in a subordinate class. Kenya continuing to slip. Obuya at 38 is still close to their best player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Well done Namibia they're going to the T20 WC !!!!

Will be sad not to see Zimbabwe there but I'll be following Namibia instead, they really do remind me of the Zimbabwe I grew up watching and fell in love with, their 6 hitting is unreal and their efforts in the field are great to watch.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Netherlands takes the Qualifiers title

ICC T20 WORLD CUP 2019

FIRST ROUND

Group A : Sri Lanka, PNG, Ireland, Oman

Group B : Bangladesh, Netherlands, Namibia, Scotland

2 table toppers from each group will march to the main event of Super 12