How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Taking a cue from sloandog and the following comment by Jemisi:
Jemisi wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:51 pm
Perhaps like sloan has done we could work on some fresh stuff a bit more to fill in some of the long gaps.
What is it that you could achieve / get done only because of your association with ZCF over the years? That which could not have happened to you if not for you being on ZCF. Are there any such stories?

I have a couple of them, including meeting a couple of members and chatting about Zimbabwe Cricket (I'll keep the information of who I have met a mystery :)), but would like to hear all of your thoughts on this before I share other thoughts of mine...

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Post by jaybro »

I can’t say I’ve gotten anything spectacular out of the forum, but live definitely gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it that’s for sure. Being an Aussie who doesn’t have many friends who even like cricket, let alone Zimbabwe cricket this place gives me somewhere to chat about it and share my thoughts.

This place is also a good source of information, I remember the days of checking espncricinfo every day hoping for a story about Zim cricket. The match threads have also been of great enjoyment, especially when there’s a Test match on. The Pakistan Test Win in 2013 the Bangladesh Test Win last year and even the 2017 Sri Lanka Test has great match threads.

I haven’t met anyone from the forum although I’m sure I’ll end up having a beer with someone at some stage
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I have found that I am deeply in debt to hhm. My self discipline increased considerably as I practiced leaving rubbish deliveries outside off stump. I am not being facetious. It has genuinely helped me in other areas of life.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m curious why he left. I went the full circle with him and eventually looked forward to his posts, which became increasingly erratic. I’d like to think I contributed to some sort of permanent mental breakdown. :lol:

This forum has lost a couple of guys like Gargamel who know what’s going on, unfortunately they perceive ZCF to be a hostile place. I’m sure they occasionally glance at what’s been written, but don’t post anymore. I don’t think it’s entirely because people disagree with them either.

I enjoy coming on here, but it’s a time wasting exercise de luxe, I could have gotten a degree in nuclear physics in the time I’ve spent here :lol: I’m sure there’s probably a medical term by now for people that while away their time on any form of social media, I think a heroin addiction is probably easier to break.

The one thing no one has ever achieved on social media is to change someone’s mind, it’s much like religion and politics, so why do we all feel it so important to air our opinions because nobody is changing anybody’s mind and certainly not an outcome in the real world.

Usually a person on social media, if he/she has posted bullshit and they get shot down they pipe down a little, even if it’s anonymous, the guys that just keep up their trolling in the face of all evidence to the contrary I think you’ll find are actually axe murderers in real life. I’m confident Encore is one of the Sugar Cane Killers and is still at large.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The reason I enjoyed Encore is because he thinks exactly like the people in charge of Zim and SA cricket, he claimed he ran both organizations and he’d may as well. You get to see up close and personal the reasoning behind their decisions. It’s an exasperating thing because they’re never ever going to see sense, you watch them go down a path that you know is permanently damaging and will justify it long after it’s irretrievably broken.

CSA is not recovering from the grand theft that has occurred there, not when their economy and currency is tanking and when they’ve now irretrievably destroyed white public interest in the game. They don’t see it like that either, their dislike only grows as the whites retreat.
The next move is to make Bavuma captain. It’s only about unraveling the white influence and behind the curtain of populist opinion they are ransacking the coffers.
They believe that once a black guy is the custodian of the game or the country they have the blessing to do as they please, and they’re mostly right, the infighting comes later.
I’m looking forward to us here in Zim putting those upstart Americans in their rightful place for daring to point out some home truths. And what did Moyo accuse Nichol’s of..... being a choc-ice- black on the outside and white on the inside and lo and behold he immediately got support, it works every single time.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Have you seen the hype around today’s rugby final in SA?
Every single white guy has gone back in time and thinks it’s Rainbow Nation time all over again. This time Kholisi is Mandela because even those flat heads have enough brain cells to realize Ramaphosa will remain the devil.

Sport can actually briefly unite a nation in turmoil, but it will be business as usual tomorrow if they lose and next week if they win. I’m kinda hoping they lose because I don’t think I can deal with 4 years of cup final re-runs on DSTV and the smoke screen it will create for further destructive racist empowerment.

As the cricket WC marked the death of SA cricket, so too does this day for their rugby, win or lose.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I think some views can change in social media discussion but entrenched ones don't tend to.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The forum only ‘helps’ me by being a fun pastime to talk to likeminded pricks like myself.

It’s rare to run into casual or hard Zimbabwean cricket fans... even in Zim!
But On this little corner of the internet we are all on the same page and can talk about it with passion, and nowadays most info doesn’t escape the forums eyes. Not much happening, plus people on the ground and inside ZC even means if it happens we know two minutes before anyone else.

I will say one thing as a divergent.
There are a lot of eyes on the forum and I think it has a lot of influence.

Often things we want or criticise or lobby for tends to happen in reality.
It occurred to me when that politician wanted to take over ZC last year, the name escapes me, it was the nigga that stole from a dressing room in England according into googly, that when he went on an impressive rant about corruption in ZC it sounded very well polished and almost word for word of a Zimbos5/Googly/jimmy rant and I believe he wrote it and was fuelled by people here. It sounded too similar.

Journo’s from Zim clearly scour the forum too.
Three years ago my friend was going to sign Jongwe for a friendly amateur stint as you may recall, I told the forum as it alerted even myself that Jongwe was leaving the first class system, and the next day my words were in the Zimbabwean sport at pages paper!
I’m certain that the same thing has happened to other forum members. I have vague recollections but alcohol abuse is killing the details of my memory of these things but I recall forumites drawing attention to it.
Not to mention Brickhill and John Ward post here too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 am
The reason I enjoyed Encore is because he thinks exactly like the people in charge of Zim and SA cricket, he claimed he ran both organizations and he’d may as well. You get to see up close and personal the reasoning behind their decisions. It’s an exasperating thing because they’re never ever going to see sense, you watch them go down a path that you know is permanently damaging and will justify it long after it’s irretrievably broken.

CSA is not recovering from the grand theft that has occurred there, not when their economy and currency is tanking and when they’ve now irretrievably destroyed white public interest in the game. They don’t see it like that either, their dislike only grows as the whites retreat.
The next move is to make Bavuma captain. It’s only about unraveling the white influence and behind the curtain of populist opinion they are ransacking the coffers.
They believe that once a black guy is the custodian of the game or the country they have the blessing to do as they please, and they’re mostly right, the infighting comes later.
I’m looking forward to us here in Zim putting those upstart Americans in their rightful place for daring to point out some home truths. And what did Moyo accuse Nichol’s of..... being a choc-ice- black on the outside and white on the inside and lo and behold he immediately got support, it works every single time.
Googly asked me to post this video to support this point because there’s no electricity in Harare atm.

There’s so much wrong with this logic though and I think a 50% black quota is the furthest thing from the white devil stuff this bitch is banging on about.

-link removed-

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:30 am
I’m curious why he left. I went the full circle with him and eventually looked forward to his posts.
Chesterton drove him out I think.

2 weeks of carnage that guy.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.