Domestic Season fixtures leaked

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Domestic Season fixtures leaked

Post by Jemisi »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:48 am
What I like about this Academy team is they took my idea that I wanted to see in the rising stars and places Taylor and Jarvis in the team for the kids to learn from.

On that note. Does that prove that these guys closely read the forum?

The idea I floated two seasons ago was to use these very two players in the stars as they are well paid and centrally contracted.
Maybe just a case of great minds thinking alike

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:34 am
Time for some conspiracy theory...

Is that how Campbell managed to get his team into the First Class competition? By ensuring a regular place in the XI for Makoni's son? :) (thus also ensuring a place for his own son in the lineup :))
Where's bayhaus when you need him?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Making junior is another one to watch.

From what I can tell it is just a nepotism selection. Will be great to death ride his failure.

Although If I’m wrong and he actually has talent I would change my tune on him.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Terryalderman wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:58 am
Are any of the players actually loyal to there team or just change clubs willy nilly?
Googly wrote:Well no one really lives in Mutare or KweKwe voluntarily, certainly not any of the cricketers, and a couple of the Harare boys have to base themselves in Bulawayo to play for Tuskers so the short answer is no. 80% of the guys live in Harare and travel to play in Mutare and KweKwe.
It’s all a charade from beginning to end.
Chatara for one is from Manicaland--I think he was born somewhere in the sticks but his family later moved to Mutare and he went to school there--and has never represented another province/franchise. Mawoyo is likewise from Mutare and has never played for anyone else since his debut in 2001/02. Donald Tiripano, same story.

I don't know where these guys are based today, basing yourself in Harare definitely makes sense from a sporting perspective (+ plus other obvious reasons) if you are anywhere near the national side--but the loyalty to the team is definitely there.

I don't think the Masakadzas have any particular affiliation to Mutare/Manicaland apart from the fact that Hami got posted there early in his career to play FC cricket for them. But all three brothers have served the Goats for numerous seasons (although Wellington started out with the Eagles, I think).

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Pretty sure Madziva, Mavuta & maybe Mumba are from Kadoma which I believe is close to Kwe Kwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:28 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:34 am
Time for some conspiracy theory...

Is that how Campbell managed to get his team into the First Class competition? By ensuring a regular place in the XI for Makoni's son? :) (thus also ensuring a place for his own son in the lineup :))
Where's bayhaus when you need him?
Indeed! :)