Logan Cup 2019/20 R2 ACHPP v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup 2019/20 R2 ACHPP v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:13 am
At this stage I have Tiripano slightly ahead of Madziva & Mashinge for that No.8 - 4th seam bowling - allrounder spot
Yeah, agree. Mashinge is still not in this league I feel. He's gone for too many runs whenever he has bowled even this season although he has picked up wickets.

I'll feel good with the Jarvis-Chatara-Mumba-Tiripano lineup for sure.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Madziva is probably more likely to hit a slashing test half century very occassionally.

Tiripano is far more solid for No8. His bowling is also more likely to chip in with a couple of wickets and bowl to whatever team plan is required.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Madziva I think has more potential to win you a game than Tiripano does with both bat & ball, but Donald is so consistent & if Zimbabwe decide to go with KJ-TLC-Mumba+1* they might think Donald’s consistency is needed more so.

Interestingly looking at their career numbers in 1st Class matches Madziva averages 30.55 with the bat & 23.85 with the ball, compared to Tiripano who is 25.03 with bat & 24.17 with ball.

Madziva will need a bag full of wickets and some more runs if he’s going to push his way into the side.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement