Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Post by Black Mamba »

https://www.newzimbabwe.com/sri-lanka-c ... -zimbabwe/

SRI LANKA is set to kick off a busy schedule of international cricket for the Chevrons in 2020 when they tour Zimbabwe early next month for two Test matches ( earlier thought to be a shorter format series) beginning January 16.The upcoming cricket tour, which is part of the International Cricket Council’s Future Tours Programme, will be Zimbabwe’s first major assignment following the lifting of a three-month ban by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in October.Sri Lanka Cricket confirmed the upcoming tour which will come immediately after their upcoming Twenty20 series in India which begins on January 5.

“Sri Lanka’s next Test series will be against Zimbabwe in January when they make a tour there on January 16. It will be the first tour of Zimbabwe since the ICC lifted its suspension of Zimbabwe Cricket due to government interference in October 2019,” Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement on Friday.

“Zimbabwe last played Test cricket in November 2018 in a two-match series against Bangladesh. Sri Lanka’s immediate assignment is to India for a three-match T20I series from January 5-10. They will return from the Indian tour on January 11 and leave for Zimbabwe for the two Tests five days later,” the Islanders said.The upcoming tour by Sri Lanka will come as a rare dose of good news for local cricketers following a troubled year 2019 in which Zimbabwe were the only Test playing nation that did not feature in the longer format of the game in 2019.

In addition to the inactivity in the game’s pinnacle format, Zimbabwe also became the first full ICC member in history to be suspended by the game’s global governing body due to perceived interference by the country’s government in the running of cricketing affairs.The suspension left local cricket in disarray as the ICC froze all funding to Zimbabwe and excluded the country’s national teams from participating in international fixtures and tournaments hosted under the ICC.

The Chevrons were also expected to tour India for three T20Is again at the start of next year but the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decided to replace Zimbabwe with Sri Lanka instead, due to the uncertainty which surrounded the Africa country’s membership.
Zimbabwe Cricket board chairman, Tavengwa Mukuhlani said the schedule for the upcoming series would be confirmed soon.“I can confirm the series is on and it’s most likely to start around mid-January. Management is currently involved in discussions with all the relevant stakeholders,” said Mukuhlani.

Zimbabwe’s national cricket team is set to have a busy programme in 2020.

After hosting Sri Lanka in January, the Chevrons are also expected to tour Bangladesh in March where they are set to play one Test and five T20Is.The following month they host Ireland, again for one Test and five T20I games before embarking on a tour of Australia for three ODIs in June.Zimbabwe is then scheduled to host India in a three-match One Day International series in August and Netherlands the following month for three ODIs. A tour to Sri Lanka for three ODIs and two T20Is follow in October.

###Bi-lateral Series Fixtures

January, Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka, 2 Test, Host - Zimbabwe

March, Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh, 1 Test, 5 T20Is Host - Bangladesh

March - April, Zimbabwe V/s Ireland, 1 Test, 5 T20Is Host - Zimbabwe

###Odi Fixtures will be counted as per 2020–22 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League ( 1 May 2020 – 31 March 2022)

June, Zimbabwe V/s Australia, 3 Odis , Host - Australia

August, Zimbabwe V/s India , 3 Odis, Host - Zimbabwe

August, Zimbabwe V/s Netherlands, 3 Odis, Host - Zimbabwe

October, Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka, 3 Odis, 2T20Is, Host -
Sri Lanka

November - December, Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, 3 Odis, 3T20Is, Host - Pakistan ( Confirmation Depends on respective Boards )

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Post by eugene »

Wow, we have four tests to look forward to?!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

How the John can we afford to host 2 tests all of a sudden? And why aren’t we having reciprocated tours? We just seem to be hosting games now

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m not convinced the home Test v Ireland will eventuate, probably change it for two T20Is

Also the tour of Bangladesh is slated for 1 Test & 5 T20Is, but I’m pretty sure I read that the BCB want to change the Test to a 3 match ODI series & use it for a goodbye series for Mashrafe

Anyways it still looks like a big year ahead despite missing the T20 World Cup in Oz.

4 Tests*

15 ODIs

15 T20Is

Not bad
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

That doesn't seem like enough cricket to me, I could be wrong.

Also, we went a whole year without a test match, absolutely shambolic.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:24 am
How the John can we afford to host 2 tests all of a sudden? And why aren’t we having reciprocated tours? We just seem to be hosting games now
The 2 Tests hasn’t absolutely been confirmed yet. I haven’t seen anything official from ZC or SLC.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
ZC haven’t hosted a Test for 27 months!!! I know they’re ‘short of cash’ but surely hosting a Two Test Series every 2.25 years is financially achievable
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’re still repaying the fictitious $4 million loan don’t forget. :lol: That’s basically half our allocation.
There’s complete radio silence about that. The interim board would have had that squashed and the culprits would be in court and the board would be trying to get some of the millions back that ZC have wrongfully paid already. And believe me Metbank would be repaying it in Zim dollars because that’s the only legal way of doing it, yet ZC continue paying them in USD? :lol:
C’mon people see this for what it is- it’s a shameless looting.
If people weren’t at the trough they’d have squashed that “loan” with a Zim dollar payment at 25:1.
ZC is being bled dry. Once the “loan” is repaid we’ll have our allocation halved and we will be in exactly the same position we’re in now.
They’ve taken millions and continue to do so with the blessing of the players and staff. This is Stockholm Syndrome of the highest order.
I absolutely guarantee that the likes of Netherlands, Ireland, Afghanistan, Scotland etc are now asking very serious questions about the disproportionate amount coming to us and yet their cricket moves forwards and ours is in reverse. How much longer will those corrupt muppets at ICC ignore what’s as clear as day?
All because the players and staff don’t trust the people that left ZC with a $10m positive balance when we were receiving a fraction of what we get now and they’d rather put their faith in the kretins that have destroyed our game and who pay them a pittance when they’ve been good boys. It’s mind numbing stupidity.
Last edited by Googly on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see our favourite reporter is tweeting about the “clever people” that got ZC banned. Lest we forget it was Mukhulani himself that ran off and requested the ban.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:10 am
sloandog wrote:
ZC haven’t hosted a Test for 27 months!!! I know they’re ‘short of cash’ but surely hosting a Two Test Series every 2.25 years is financially achievable
A test match costs over 2 million to host, and yet ZC can’t even afford a decent hotel for the guys to stay in. I don’t get it