Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Post by jaybro »

It’s really up to the ICC if they want Test cricket to survive, if they do they need to put more effort into strengthening the playing pool.

I understand India bring in the majority of the revenue but how much money do they actually need?? It’s not club football where they need money for transfers etc surely they could take a bit less even a few mil which could go a long way for the smaller sides.

As much as I don’t like it 4 Day Tests for Zimbabwe is the way forward. Less costs for the shorter match, produce sporting pitches which will produce a better match, schedule advantages being able to fit a Test from Thursday to Sunday which will be better for viewing & attendances plus make it more viable time wise for sides to tour.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:36 am

I think test matches have to be broadcast. 1 ZC associate once told me it costs 250k to host a t20. That caught me by surprise as that sounds like way too much.
From experience, they are massively overpaying. If it costing that much, then they are failing in their organisation as they should be making it back easily throughout the game.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Its around a million mark give or take 100k.
Accommodation is huge around 150k alone.
Cleaning and dry cleaning comes to around 30k
Food, buses, hire of tv production and rental .

They cater for about 40 cricket people including reserves coaches and board members.
Then they have the production crew and our local crew needing hotels and accommodation and the umpires. Security and police.
When we play the likes of India- we'll make 4-8million on tv rights which are only paid afterwards.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 am

They cater for about 40 cricket people including reserves coaches and board members.
Then they have the production crew and our local crew needing hotels and accommodation and the umpires. Security and police.
When we play the likes of India- we'll make 4-8million on tv rights which are only paid afterwards.
Thanks jimmy good insight

Curious to know which opposition & what formats ZC would make money off? Talk is that only hosting India & Australia or profitable for ZC, is that purely on ODI/ T20I matches? Do they lose keg hosting Pakistan in Tests matches but make profit in limited overs matches?

Googly

Post by Googly »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 am

I accept the accommodation is big, but with 40 people for a month you’ve got some serious bargaining power. You’d be an incompetent if you couldn’t get at least 20% discount.

Sounds like Singo is doing the dry cleaning. I’ll do it for 25k and I’ll make the whites whiter and make $24500 profit.
Police will charge what ZC tell them to and the Officer in charge and ZC eat nicely.
Same as security and quadruply so for transport. The transport co-ordinator is more crooked than Sir Wicknell :lol: Whoever arranged the transport for the qualifiers made hundreds of thousands for a 10k job.
DRS is a hugely profitable business for whoever runs that, probably with a kick back to that Singaporean bandit and his motley crew of Indian puppets.
The ICC gang of anti-doping, anti-corruption (that’s a laugh) and match referees is their way of getting cash back into a different account.
This broadcasting malarkey is where the big money is. With modern technology there has to be a solution to this.
I mean they actually have the cheap technology to get a camera to track the ball. These live feeds just focus on the pitch, technology is way ahead of that.
Cameras mounted square of the wicket that send the pic to central control/match referee are hundreds of dollars, not tens of thousands. If you have to go frame by frame it’s not out, we just need to play cricket!
Even a local commentator is fine, but I’d pay not to listen to Ntini!

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s no way the actual cost is a million. I accept that’s probably what they’ve been paying but people have been eating. That would mean these two tests are $2 million and that ZC is broke after them. If I was a FC player I’d dig up the pitch because it means they’re not getting paid :lol:
All these costs should go to open tender, we’d soon see..

Googly

Post by Googly »

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the whereabouts of the state of the art broadcasting monster truck that ZC bought for Bvute? :lol:
ZC owned the solution to their problem. These guys make me sick.

kudet

Post by kudet »

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

2 Tests, 3ODIs and 3 T20s in Feb?????

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2020 ... bwe-series

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

That would be great ! 5 Tests in one year been a long time since we had that many tests to look forward to in one year !!!