Match 2 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS IND , Durban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match 2 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS IND , Durban

Post by Googly »

India were not as sharp as I would have thought. I liked their front three but their bowling was fairly ordinary.
I’ll be surprised if they make the final. Pakistan sound pretty good, 7-0 against SA.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Madhevere played well and got a couple of loose deliveries that helped his strike rate, but he needs to set himself up to bat deep into the innings, same as Myers. The others need to bat around them. If they all go hard we’re not going to feature. Myers played beautifully. I just don’t understand him not batting on off. He’s amazing through leg and it’s just weird setting yourself to play through off all the time. Too late to change now but play to your strengths. Byrom these days almost bats outside off, you can’t see the stumps ever. He just backs himself to not miss anything on stumps. I like that way of thinking, same as Smith and Amla. Make them bowl at you and back yourself, takes nicks right out of the equation.
Most of these Zim batters were on leg or to leg. You need to be able to access both sides of the field. Anyway whatever works for you. Myers trademark shot that stops everyone in their tracks is a pick-up over midwicket. It’s a thing of beauty, if you don’t see one in 90 balls methinks you need to change your set up.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:28 pm
Interesting googly. Have the Schadendorf boys any interest in returning?

What is Wesley looking to do? Is he lost as well?

I just wish these boys would go and do Uni and then give cricket a go for a few years and if it doesn't work go and do something else. I mean Lake, for instance, can go and coin it doing law. What is there to lose?
Wes is paying in the UK in the summer, He has told.his new club that he wants to play for Zimbabwe. We shall see.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:48 pm
ZIMFAN wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:28 pm
Interesting googly. Have the Schadendorf boys any interest in returning?

What is Wesley looking to do? Is he lost as well?

I just wish these boys would go and do Uni and then give cricket a go for a few years and if it doesn't work go and do something else. I mean Lake, for instance, can go and coin it doing law. What is there to lose?
Wes is paying in the UK in the summer, He has told.his new club that he wants to play for Zimbabwe. We shall see.
What about his older brother? Is he still on the radar or has he too fallen through the cracks?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:49 pm
Ya Shumba will definitely stay. Interestingly he sneaked off and played club cricket the whole season instead of practicing with the U19’s. He’s a decent player for sure and has talent and maybe can be taught to tighten up his batting.
Have a look at his innings on Friday. He played some outstanding shots. But I do agree that he may not be a natural opener.

Googly

Post by Googly »

club cricket regs have changed, they’ve really tightened up. If you even suggest that one day you want to be a pro cricketer then you’re regarded as one and you need the corresponding visa. They’ve made things uber tricky and you need to know what you’re doing or you’ll get into trouble with Home Office. They don’t want us over there.
If you’ve taken someone’s spot Home Office will get an anonymous call.
You can play as an overseas amateur I believe and I’m assuming it’s a different visa requirement. I don’t know the regs that well, but he needs to check carefully with his club. I know players who’ve had a lot of problems.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Shumba had a very good innings against NZ, but didn’t convert. Too many shots. Front 5 lost that game, not the tail enders.

ManOfMystery
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by ManOfMystery »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:33 pm
club cricket regs have changed, they’ve really tightened up. If you even suggest that one day you want to be a pro cricketer then you’re regarded as one and you need the corresponding visa. They’ve made things uber tricky and you need to know what you’re doing or you’ll get into trouble with Home Office. They don’t want us over there.
You can play as an overseas amateur I believe and I’m assuming it’s a different visa requirement. I don’t know the regs that well, but he needs to check carefully with his club. I know players who’ve had a lot of problems.

There will be no problem at all for Wesley to get into the UK he passes all the visa requirements and everything is done through the ECB and the Home Office.
UTE UTR UTZ

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:33 pm
Fact is the chances for a pro career outside Zimbabwe is very slim. Oldknow, Grant and Dane will drift away from the game. Wesley may get a chance in the South Africa system

The rest apart from Myers won't be good enough and will block up the domestic system.

Same story for every batch of under 19s.

Depressing to be honest.

ManOfMystery
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by ManOfMystery »

There won’t be any issue with Wesley going to the UK at all he fulfils the credentials as set by the ECB and the Home Office. He should hopefully follow in Tony Munyonga’s footsteps at the same club and have a good season and see him grow!
UTE UTR UTZ