Match 3 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS RSA , Durban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match 3 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS RSA , Durban

Post by sloandog »

Who are Bangladesh’s next big players Krit? I like following the up and coming players but since the Taskin Ahmed, Luton Das era I’m well and truly out of touch. Who’re the names to look out for? Any quick bowlers?

Kriterion_BD

Re: Match 3 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS RSA , Durban

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm
Who are Bangladesh’s next big players Krit? I like following the up and coming players but since the Taskin Ahmed, Luton Das era I’m well and truly out of touch. Who’re the names to look out for? Any quick bowlers?
There are always random players that pop up in the BD system (probably the case with most teams). Biggest example from recent times being Abu Jayed who was in the 2012 U-19 squad, but everyone was talking about his partner, Taskin. We haven't produced anyone with the same degree of natural pace as Taskin or Rubel Hossain (2008 WC), which is quite sad to be honest.

This team has the following seamers:

Tanzim Hasan Sakib (RMF, 16 matches, 28 wickets @ 26.89, 5.37 econ): A lanky right armer who I'm guessing is around 6 feet tall. Some have guessed that he's around the 135 mark in terms of pace. Not quick, but decent pace for a 16 year old (just turned 17). The problem is, BD fast bowlers bowl the same pace at age 24 that they bowled at age 17, so its highly unlikely anyone will increase their pace much if at all. On the positive note, most BD seamers don't have issues bowling in the high 130s or even touching 140, which is enough pace, so long as one has other attributes like swing, accuracy, etc. The youngest of the seamers, Tanzim looks to be able to nip the ball around and usually always takes a wicket or two each spell. The one thing he is lacking is that he rarely takes a big bagful of wickets. However, Tanzim is yet another fast bowler hailing from the Sylhet region in Bangladesh's northeast, and would be aspiring to join the list of fellow Sylheti quicks who have represented the senior side (Abu Jayed, Khaled Ahmed, Ebadat Hossain, Abul Hasan) in recent years.

Mohammad Mrittunjoy Chowdhury (LMF, 20 matches, 34 wickets @ 20.17, 4.35 econ): A well built left arm medium pacer, he has been the strike bowler in the side. Whats more impressive is that he hardly concedes runs during his spells. He burst onto the scene a couple years back when he took wickets seemingly for fun against a visiting Afghanistan youth side.

Shoriful Islam (RMF, 22 matches, 35 wickets @ 27.40, 4.99 econ): At 6 feet 3 inches, Shoriful has the height to make an elite fast bowler. Likely just a medium pacer, but he has done well in first class cricket so far and has also done well at the U-19 level. He will probably be the first change seamer in our attack for this tournament. Has a lot of upside if he can utilize his opportunities.

Mohammad Shahin Alam: I don't know much about him but he recently took a 7-fer vs Sri Lanka in a Youth Test, in a match in which none of the above 3 quicks featured. Probably just in the side as injury cover, but the fact that our 4th choice seamer has big hauls in his bag is a good sign for this U-19 squad.

For the batting, here's a list of the U-19 stats for the last 2 years: [url]http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... atting/url]

Both the leading run scorers are BD batsman, and while they have played a lot more games than other teams, look at the averages. Towhid averages 60 with a strike rate of 86, and 4 hundreds. Joy averages 47, with a 75 strike rate and 3 hundreds. Tanzid Hasan only averages 31, but at a strike rate of 103, with 1 hundred and 7 fifties. Akbar averages 42 with a strike rate of 90.

Overall the batting is not as strong as 2006 (Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq class) but on paper rivals the 2012 class (Soumya, Liton, Mosaddek, Anamul). But the bowling is far stronger than its ever been, especially with the 4 seamers who might do more damage if the pitches offer a little assistance for pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)