Shocking !!! Chamu chibhabha named as odi and t20 captain

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Shocking !!! Chamu chibhabha named as odi and t20 captain

Post by Googly »

That’s a panel of blokes that will just do what Masakadza tells them, and he’ll do what his boss tells him. It’s just window dressing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Zimbos are always being “challenged” to do shit better, faster, harder and longer for the greater good :lol: and it’s always for free. :lol:
That’s a communist war cry to get peasants to pull together for the Motherland and must be treated with contempt.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 am
What do you know about the ongoing legal wrangle with Croco, Taps?
If I remember correctly they were paying 80k a year for the corporate box don't know how they fell out. Maybe it was just to get back at Manase. I remember people saying here on another post that ZC doesn't generate money but I know a few years back they were making good money. A friend told me it cost 300k a year to be the main sponsor and the other smaller sponsors were paying around 80k to 100k. They had lots of sponsors before the USD bubble burst. Dont know what it's like now. Also it's never made sense to me how they made money from the corporate boxes when they don't own HSC

Googly

Post by Googly »

If he’s not a ZC employee then he’s doing this for free? At best he’s a “consultant”
Well we all know that must be taken with a big pinch of salt. Nobody works for free.....except players (workers)

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:58 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 am
What do you know about the ongoing legal wrangle with Croco, Taps?
If I remember correctly they were paying 80k a year for the corporate box don't know how they fell out. Maybe it was just to get back at Manase. I remember people saying here on another post that ZC doesn't generate money but I know a few years back they were making good money. A friend told me it cost 300k a year to be the main sponsor and the other smaller sponsors were paying around 80k to 100k. They had lots of sponsors before the USD bubble burst. Dont know what it's like now. Also it's never made sense to me how they made money from the corporate boxes when they don't own HSC
There’s a helluva lot more to this story. Nobody becomes ZC’s main sponsor without quid pro quo. Nobody will willingly hand money over to these guys without something in return. Croco are well known and there’s no need for them to waste hundreds of thousands on advertising at ZC. When someone’s cage gets rattled enough we will hear more.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s a pity they didn’t use some of this money to pay their nominal rent at the ground.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Usually when you make a grand statement like having a 6 year plan it’s incumbent upon you to spell it out? Nobody in this country can realistically plan beyond next month yet these geniuses can plan 6 full years ahead? C’mon even these guys can make a better statement than that. What plan was in place before this fictitious 6 year plan they’ve suddenly got now? I’m assuming that means there wasn’t one at all and now they can look more than half a decade ahead :lol: They’re clearly assuming they’ve got the next election covered, so no. 3 on the list will be - rig next election.
How do they have a 6 year plan if they don’t know if they’re getting their full benevolent handout back in October just for starters. Without that the 6 year plan will become a 6 month plan-
1. Make cricketers work for free.
2. Get rid of disgruntled cricketers.
3. Rig next election.
4. Play one young cricketer to prove pathway works.

They don’t have a plan, they just cost Zim cricket $4 million bucks.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’m hearing from ZC employees that there’s a big extortion racket with Croco and ZC are being sued.
But Mlotshwa or whatever his name is is getting paid off.

The thing is, corruption aside, this could send ZC broke.

Is ZC even about cricket anymore?

Kinda feels like Gus Fring being about chicken, for the Breaking Bad fans.

If you aren’t a BB fan I’ll highly recommend it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 am
Williams's wife is due to give birth. May miss the test but should be around for the ODIs.
Ervine to lead the guys in the test match. This will be very interesting. Although we all know BT will be calling the shots because he naturally does so.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

Hammy and Mukuhlani were interviewed today on ZiFM stereo and here is the link to the interview

https://www.facebook.com/ZiFMStereo/vid ... 3fRddXKtRM