Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 am

To be fair, a young leggie like Mavuta has more upside than Chisoro who is probably just a containment bowler. You have to factor that Sri Lanka being an Asian side are at least decent players of spin, and the pitches probably won't be spinning much.
All the more reason to pick Chisoro!!! I actually agree he’s only a containing bowler, but he’s he has the ability to hold up an end which Mavuta I don’t think can at this stage of his career.

That 2nd Test v Bangladesh was awful from Mavuta, his inability to contain Mushy & Mominul killed Zimbabwe, they went from a strong position after one session to bring out of the game by stumps virtually.

I was actually of a similar opinion of Chisoro prior to his test debut, but he showed he has a few more tricks up his sleeve. He should have had more wickets, Regis missed at least 3 off him that innings.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’ve scheduled the games during the week? :lol:
It’s unbelievable but believable. They would have gotten 200 spectators instead of 20.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:14 am

Now I'm assuming we are going to play on seamer friendly pitches which will probably see us pick 4 fast bowlers. Now I'm not a fan of Chibhabha (especially as a captain)right now but what I do know is that he has a chance to get picked because 1 he plays pace well and 2 he bowls pace himself.
Chamu bowls ‘pace’?
By our very low standards 125-130kph is pace. He gets a little bit of swing too. Another option which they might take is a PJ and Chamu being the opening pair and Burl down the order with Prince being sacrificed. Prince has had a good domestic run but he is a better player of spin than pace. It wouldn't be a bad compromise

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Different squad than reported yesterday

25 man squad lol what a joke

Ryan Burl, Sikandar Butt, Regis Chakabva, Brian Chari, Tendai Chatara, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Craig Ervine, Kyle Jarvis, Kevin Kasuza, Timycen Maruma, William Mashinge, Prince Masvaure, Brandon Mavuta, Peter Moor, Brian Mudzinganyama, Tapiwa Mufudza, Carl Mumba, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava, Victor Nyauchi, Brendan Taylor, Donald Tiripano, Charlton Tshuma, Sean Williams

Looks like Kamunhukamwe didn’t make it

Maruma, Nyauchi, Mufudza & Ndolvu are in

Still no Chisoro there must be more to this surely

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/nine-yet-t ... ssion=true

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What’s with the Maruma obsession..? He’s done sweet FA

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’re friends. If you so much as scowl you’re out.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Its appears more like a case of inability to zero in on the 15 due to their incompetency.

How is Ndlovu even in contention ahead of Chisoro, or ahead of even Wellington for that matter? And I can't believe Mpofu is not in our top 25 either. We have hit a new height of shambles with this.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Wellington is so over rated it’s scary.
His action actually restricts him from putting any major revs on the ball; he’s totally closed off at the point of delivery and ends up just putting in there. Chisoro absolutely deserves to be there

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm
What’s with the Maruma obsession..? He’s done sweet FA
To be fair he killed it last year in Logan Cup, doesn't have the tekka for international cricket, it's obvious the coach thinks so too.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Some crazy nut on twitter called Frank Mawoza? was rambling on about Chisoro not being loyal claiming he walked on his ZC contract to play in ENgland???

Can anyone confirm this or remember when it happened?? I don't remember Chisoro walking out, he wasn't in the side that toured BD and he was left out of the UAE series at home. I know Regis & Maruma chose to play club cricket instead of touring Holland & Ireland but they've been welcomed back

Doesn't make sense at all and it's wrong