Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:09 am
sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm
What’s with the Maruma obsession..? He’s done sweet FA
To be fair he killed it last year in Logan Cup, doesn't have the tekka for international cricket, it's obvious the coach thinks so too.
Bro he might kill it at FC level (primary school level), but at the level of test cricket and ODI's, he crumbles and burns. Get the kids in, get Wes and Milton, Myers or better still, Murray?! We have all seen the batting talent in this Under 19's squad (can't believe i'm saying this after the batting apocalypse goodly predicted 18 months ago), so why select FC veterans who aren't going to improve?

I've had twelve double Gin & Tonics sorry chaps

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 am
Some crazy nut on twitter called Frank Mawoza? was rambling on about Chisoro not being loyal claiming he walked on his ZC contract to play in ENgland???

Can anyone confirm this or remember when it happened?? I don't remember Chisoro walking out, he wasn't in the side that toured BD and he was left out of the UAE series at home. I know Regis & Maruma chose to play club cricket instead of touring Holland & Ireland but they've been welcomed back

Doesn't make sense at all and it's wrong
Everyone knows he's s troll, fuck him, he's a loser

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Frank i mean

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:16 am

Bro he might kill it at FC level (primary school level), but at the level of test cricket and ODI's, he crumbles and burns. Get the kids in, get Wes and Milton, Myers or better still, Murray?! We have all seen the batting talent in this Under 19's squad (can't believe i'm saying this after the batting apocalypse goodly predicted 18 months ago), so why select FC veterans who aren't going to improve?

I understand man (also understand about the tonics) but there has to be some level of respect shown to guys who have done well domestically otherwise these guys are going to eventually get the shits and not bother playing Logan Cup. It's already happened with a number of guys leaving, the more players leave the more the quality drops.

ZC can't offer them money to play Logan Cup so they have to at least dangle the carrot of international cricket to them
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 am
Frank i mean
Who is he? Tweets like Hhm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 am
sloandog wrote:

I understand man (also understand about the tonics) but there has to be some level of respect shown to guys who have done well domestically otherwise these guys are going to eventually get the shits and not bother playing Logan Cup. It's already happened with a number of guys leaving, the more players leave the more the quality drops.

ZC can't offer them money to play Logan Cup so they have to at least dangle the carrot of international cricket to them
I get that dangling of the carrot 🥕 but for god sake, Maruma made his debut in 20098!? If he’s not making it in the last decade he sure as hell won’t be making it in this one

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

2009/08..sorry, my last post for the evening I promise

Googly

Post by Googly »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 am
Some crazy nut on twitter called Frank Mawoza? was rambling on about Chisoro not being loyal claiming he walked on his ZC contract to play in ENgland???

Can anyone confirm this or remember when it happened?? I don't remember Chisoro walking out, he wasn't in the side that toured BD and he was left out of the UAE series at home. I know Regis & Maruma chose to play club cricket instead of touring Holland & Ireland but they've been welcomed back

Doesn't make sense at all and it's wrong
Mawoza is Makoni’s twitter handle. Read his stuff- talks about pink Rhodesians and spews vitriolic hatred about whites and Uncle Toms regularly. I was shown some phone messages from him. He’s the guy that effectively runs our cricket, he’s been ZC’s enforcer for years.

Googly

Post by Googly »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 am
sloandog wrote:

If you’re not of international caliber then you play FC, if you’re not FC caliber you play club cricket. Why would you have to dangle an international carrot to a guy that’s had a good season that you know won’t cut it on the big stage? There are hundreds of quality FC players the world over that will never get near their national side.
If you can’t make a living playing FC get a job that gives you some time off or quit, no point in hanging around waiting for better days because they ain’t a-coming. Zim got test status with amateur players, now everyone has a sense of misplaced entitlement. ZC will never fix the mess they’ve created, players voted for them so they must deal with it.
That’s why they pick 30 strong FC sides- because they know they’ve destroyed club cricket, so the players will get all excited about being labeled a FC player and will hope for maybe one game a season, they’re all so easy to manipulate.
If you get a club gig overseas for a couple of hundred quid a game it’s more than you’re ever going to get here, and the players know it. If you make a face because you’re trying to make a living yet keep a foot either side you incur their wrath, they saved cricket from white domination and they expect allegiance from the ground troops, they must work for free so the chefs can eat.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I just read in the paper that Chisoro has contractual issues with ZC and that's why he was left out. Frank Mawoza might not be a likeable character to some but believe me he is very close to the chairman. A lot closer than people realize.

I doubt Chisoro will actually ever find himself back in the team with the development of Ainsley and Shumba coming along. I have watched Ainsley live in the domestic competition, he is good. He gets a lot more turn than Chisoro. In fact Chisoro might actually be the SLA who gets the least turn because he is a fast bowler turned spinner. My advice for Shumba and Madhevere though would be to get scholarships in S.A. and get an education. Their services are not required yet. Raza and Williams srill got a few years in them. Enough time to get a degree.