Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Provisional Squad (Sri Lanka Tests)

Post by sloandog »

So has he been sacked by his club in Oz or ZC?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It’s not a good look.
Random African guy, barely in the country a month and already getting charged with drink driving. Serious crime nowadays.

Back when I was a teen I got busted but wriggles my way out in court but nowadays it’s a deportable offence big time. Zimbabweans are already on the nose with western governments.

A DUI actually gets you banned from Canada for ten years. Fun fact.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Btw I looked into it, sacked from some bush club in Victoria.

My secondary question is why he gives up international cricket to play bush cricket. Don’t think it’s a premier league or anything. Not going to open that can of worms.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:08 pm
That’s really unfortunate for Tari. Zimbabwe drink driving laws don’t exist. People get so blitzed they can’t even walk and just jump behind the wheel. I don’t actually know a single person here who won’t have drinks because they’re driving. The youngsters do it from 16 with little parental censure and it sets a very bad precedent.
One of my mates in the UK was down at his local having a pint and there was a guy he didn’t get on with, the chap knew my friend used to drive there and he waited for him to have a few beers and and called the cops and told them there was a guy leaving in about an hour and he’d be over the limit. It tipped his life upside down.

That leaves Tari with the UK option in their summer and means he will have to put in an appearance here.

Getting a UK visa with a criminal offence in a first world country might also become difficult for him. It's not like here where the docket can disappear forever. He might have actually ruined a lot of things for himself. Problem is I don't know if cricket is 100% his passion. He just happened to be good at it like many other sports. So he might go down the Jongwe route if he doesn't suck it in and kiss some asses at ZC for a national contract. My advice for him would be to come back and open for the Rhinos and score some runs. there is a huge gap there

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
It’s not a good look.
Random African guy, barely in the country a month and already getting charged with drink driving. Serious crime nowadays.

Back when I was a teen I got busted but wriggles my way out in court but nowadays it’s a deportable offence big time. Zimbabweans are already on the nose with western governments.

A DUI actually gets you banned from Canada for ten years. Fun fact.
Interesting. People dont realize how irresponsible alcohol use and drunk driving is. Alcohol is more dangerous a drug than cocaine and heroin if people only think about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m still a damned good driver after a bottle of vodka.
They should issue licenses to people on whom alcohol only enhances their senses, just make them drink a bottle of spirits in two hours and if they can parallel park, reverse through some drums and weave through an obstacle course they’re good to go. Big girls who can’t handle their drink fuck it up for the rest of us.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I was taking a closer look at this Derbyshire squad. Houghton has assembled a good looking squad here, he’s an astute man. I see they’ve also just signed Sean Abbott, he’s got some gas as well, their seam attack is sharp.
Abbott is the guy who tragically bowled the delivery to Hughes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see they’ve also signed Billy Stanlake for their T20 squad. Our lads had better hope he ain’t coming out here, he’s a proper handful, he will blow through our club batsmen like a rampaging impi through a ...
well, let’s just say he’s quick!!

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:55 pm
Btw I looked into it, sacked from some bush club in Victoria.

My secondary question is why he gives up international cricket to play bush cricket. Don’t think it’s a premier league or anything. Not going to open that can of worms.
It just shows you can’t make a living playing FC cricket here, that’s all. The mafia bosses get $20k ea a month and the cricketers get about $100 :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

20K a month..is that right? :shock: