Logan Cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Logan Cup

Post by eugene »

$5,000,000 still sounds like a lot of money given how little ZC actually does.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

jward wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:03 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 am
John Ward will know if there’s been an overall cut, but he didn’t answer the query.
I’m curious what’s happened to Bvute since his fall from grace, was it catch and release? Is he still a life President of ZC? Is his watchdog cousin, Esther Lupe, still watching the purse strings?
I didn't see the query, but yes, there has been a big cut in funding from the ICC, yet another bad decision on their part that is causing suffering to all of us who are really working for the game and get our salaries halved, or not paid at all. I was told from $9m down to $5m, but not sure what period that covers. I am told it will be reviewed next June. Bvute still apparently has some influence in ZC and if he was appointed life president I am sure he still is, but Esther has left ZC.
Well $9m is our annual grant, of which some unknown amount (anywhere between $3-$4m) goes towards settling a prior theft, so if they’ve reduced it to $5m and they’re going to help themselves to another $2m (?) to host two games we’re below zero, surely? Without sponsorship and with avaricious incompetent mouths to feed at management level then we’re completely finished, they won’t be able to organize a game of croquet.

But as you say it sounds like they’ve halved our allocation from $750 000 a month to about $375 000, of which about $250 000 is required for “debt” repayment, leaving $125 000 to run cricket. By all accounts Board and management require substantially more than this just for their stipend, so we’re basically buggered. That’s before they look at paying the central contracts, which probably eat at least $50-$70k. They’re going to be asked to play for free again :lol: and as for FC and club cricket.....

I know it’s not quite as simple as this, but the bottom line is that unless they review it upwards NEXT June we’re finished. Mukhulani should never have slimed off and requested that suspension, he’s basically single handedly ended our cricket.

What will ICC be looking at in order to return us to normal?
A successful FC season this year and next? :lol:
A 2-0 win against Sri Lanka? A moderately successful ODI camaoaign?
Unlikely. Will Bvute, Mukhulani and now Masakadza be storming the change room and screaming at the players that they’ve ruined everything if they don’t deliver?
A well run Test series without money evaporating?
With the likelihood of this being a permanent cut it’s going to be impossible for them to keep their fingers out of what’s left.

The management’s “passion” for cricket has lead us to a dead end. Mukhulani and his band of merry thieves walked right into a baited trap and it looks like we’re being given a slow but deadly coup de grâce. Netherlands, Scotland, Ireland and Afghanistan rightfully deserve our share.

However without an official announcement from ICC about halving our allocation I’m deeply suspicious :lol:
You know our guys lie when their lips move. Maybe this is a way to get everyone to accept living on the breadline without any type of industrial action?

That’s the problem when you’re a secret organization with no disclosure and what little there is is usually a fabrication, no one can believe anything.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Esther was Bvute’s watchdog, so with Mukhulani now at the helm he would want his own person guarding the petty cash.
We’re dead in the water and most still can’t figure it out.
There’s a lot riding on the U19’s to prove that we still have structures, which we don’t. No pressure, lads!
We need witchdoctors in that change room not faith healers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If ZC can keep our cricket afloat on $5m a year it begs the question what have they been doing with the extra $4m that we’ve been getting :lol: :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This doesnt make sense. 94 million from 2016 to 2023. That's 7 years making it about 13 million a year. We had a 14,3 taken by ZAMCO , we owed ICC about 6 million and I think there is another debt for 4 million which does not involve the ICC. So let's just say that's 20 million we owe the ICC. Leaving us with 74 million. Over 7 years is about 10.5 but the were giving us 9 probably because of other obligations. Cutting it to 5 doesn't make sense to me at all. Or it could be their way of saying 5 million is enough to run our game but surely that's not enough. Something isn't adding up.

Getting 5 million only then hosting 2 tests is suicidal. 1 would have been enough

Googly

Post by Googly »

We will never know the exact figures. I don’t think anyone does anymore.
As I said if they keep the ship afloat on half the amount it’s actually an indictment on them, but their band of journos will spin it and people will swallow it.
When you get used to big sums it’s not easy to tighten the belt. It’s one of the reasons they’ve surrounded themselves with their close friends otherwise the finger pointing and the accusations would be starting fairly soon.
We were sliding downhill with all that money at our disposal, with only half now available it’s going to get really untidy very fast and the inner circle will have to be very well paid to keep quiet. The FC players wont be able to stage a strike and refuse to play because there won’t be much cricket to play. This time around ICC are not going to be so understanding. 2023 is a long long way away and we’re not surviving it.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:02 am
If ZC can keep our cricket afloat on $5m a year it begs the question what have they been doing with the extra $4m that we’ve been getting :lol: :lol:
They can't! That's why Logan Cup matches are postponed and everybody's salary (I am told) reduced by half. I can't survive on my new salary for too long.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m very sorry to hear that, John, you and a number of others deserve much better.
Rest assured their inner circle will still draw their very big stipends and think they can keep this charade going. They can’t see that the corrupt ICC are turning the tap off slowly, much like the frog in the pot of water.
Their sycophants are in full voice on social media and are tagging each other in a shameless love fest for some coke and buns. They’d sell their mothers into $2 prostitution for $1.
As soon as you hear something like “let’s make Logan Cup great again” from the overlord you know the money and the ideas are at the end. I see one last round of Mr Campbell as window dressing to try and squeeze the last drop out of this.

jward

Post by jward »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 pm
I’m very sorry to hear that, John, you and a number of others deserve much better.
Rest assured their inner circle will still draw their very big stipends and think they can keep this charade going. They can’t see that the corrupt ICC are turning the tap off slowly, much like the frog in the pot of water.
Their sycophants are in full voice on social media and are tagging each other in a shameless love fest for some coke and buns. They’d sell their mothers into $2 prostitution for $1.
As soon as you hear something like “let’s make Logan Cup great again” from the overlord you know the money and the ideas are at the end. I see one last round of Mr Campbell as window dressing to try and squeeze the last drop out of this.
Thanks, Googly. ICC never bother to think it's the ordinary people in ZC who suffer most from their arbitrary decisions.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Logan Cup expected to resume tomorrow. Just the one game. Tuskers v Rhinos in Bulawayo.

Also sounds like the Pro 50 will start next week. Guess some limited overs cricket is required before the Bamgldesh tour.