15 Man Test Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 15 Man Test Squad Announced

Post by Googly »

What’s the reason behind his omission? He played arguably the greatest ever test innings not very long ago?

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

What did Burl's deleted tweet say?

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 am
What’s the reason behind his omission? He played arguably the greatest ever test innings not very long ago?
Apparently, despite his heroics against South Africa, the selectors believe he is incapable of occupying the crease for long periods of time :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see my statement about being told to learn respect has had a big reaction on twitter. It’s good to see that people come to this forum, it would be good if more people engaged on here.
Players are entitled to know why they were omitted, if they’re regulars they shouldn’t have to ask, they should be respectfully informed, that’s a two way street!
They should also be told what they need to work on, and “respect” should not be one of them. That’s something that should be earned, which is not really possible within ZC. Who has respect there? They have no choice but to substitute respect with fear, very few people here know the difference.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:01 am
I see my statement about being told to learn respect has had a big reaction on twitter. It’s good to see that people come to this forum, it would be good if more people engaged on here.
Players are entitled to know why they were omitted, if they’re regulars they shouldn’t have to ask, they should be respectfully informed, that’s a two way street!
They should also be told what they need to work on, and “respect” should not be one of them. That’s something that should be earned, which is not really possible within ZC. Who has respect there? They have no choice but to substitute respect with fear, very few people here know the difference.
Why what’s happened? Who’s been speaking on Twitter since your post?

Googly

Post by Googly »

It was on CricketZimbo and Zim Undercover Agent.
The usual culprits continue to defend this despicable regime. I see there’s a female reporter who’s also now currying favour with the mafia family.
Following any Zim affairs on twitter is a depressing experience, there are people that continually defend the indefensible. I mean their own lives would be infinitely better if circumstances were different, but they doggedly support ZANU and their peripheral organizations (ZC) and its just for coke and buns, I mean if you’re going to sell your dark soul at least make some proper money :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

England need to persevere with Crawley, this guy is a sharp player. Sibley looks so awkward but he’s effective. I’m still not convinced about him at international level.
I’m a Ballance fan, he should have been given another shot. Last time I saw him he was stupendously drunk standing on tables at the Tin singing “England England” after he was first picked. He’s a good guy, one of my tribe.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think I may be related to him, in fact. There’s a lot of inbreeding here.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:01 am
They try. It’s an admin thing and one of the reasons I campaigned for admin two years ago.

You may notice with ‘our newest member’ that a lot sign up, then you never see them post.

They need ten posts approved and that relies on BRMT and Maehara being around, which they rarely are.

So I imagine someone signs up, has something to say. Says it. Doesn’t get approved and they disappear. I’ve had randoms engage me on Facebook enquiring why they can’t post.

The reason though, for the ten posts thing is there was a spambot problem 5 years ago you may remember.

That was solved but consequence to solving that was a slowing down of new members.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I sometimes see a new member at the bottom of the page, but no posts appear.