15 Man Test Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 15 Man Test Squad Announced

Post by eugene »

With so little cricket it is really hard to justify or argue against any selections. You could randomly draw names out of a hat and be able to somehow justify the selections.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well essentially they demanded that everyone play two games so they could get some stats. Do you know how laughable that is!!
Derbyshire will play more warm up games in two weeks here than our FC players will play in one and a half years :lol: :lol: :lol:
These muppets ain’t rescuing nothing. These spineless players of ours have saddled a broken donkey! :lol:

Next season (2021) they have to be assessing stats and the form book from 2108!!!

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Can somebody remind me who the selectors are? I can’t see Gavin Ewing telling Ryan Burl to ‘show respect.’

jward

Post by jward »

Donald wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:29 pm
What do we know about Charlton Tshuma??

Is he express pace/swing bowler or What????
Fast-medium seamer, persistent and pretty accurate, but I would think he needs more experience before he actually plays Test cricket.

jward

Post by jward »

I spoke to PJ Moor this afternoon. He says he missed the first Logan Cup match because he was on an overseas visit to see relatives and, like all of us, had no idea beforehand when the season was going to start. He played in the second match for Rhinos without much success, and sought and received permission from ZC to miss the third to attend Kyle Jarvis's wedding, like several other players, not wanting to let his friend down. He was assured by ZC that it would not be held against him. He returned in time for the next Logan Cup match - which was postponed. He has been training very hard and feels in good form, so naturally he is not happy with the decision of the selectors to omit him from the squad. He has and is doing all he can, his only fault being not to make many runs in the only match he was able to play.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm telling you now we'll end up losing more and more players like Burl and Moor if this pathetic mentality continues.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm
I'm telling you now we'll end up losing more and more players like Burl and Moor if this pathetic mentality continues.
Hard to pick between your mate and your career, but one would think KJ would understand if guys skipped the wedding to play Logan Cup. The other thing is, why have your wedding in cricket season to begin with when you know Logan Cup scheduling is haphazard? At the end of the day, KJ got married and made the Test team whilst a guy like Moor did not. Sometimes you have to be selfish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Good point, I like Kyle, but with all this downtime why the cunt get married smack bang in domestic season!?
This is where the players need to be smarter. He had 85 percent of this year off.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm
Good point, I like Kyle, but with all this downtime why the cunt get married smack bang in domestic season!?
This is where the players need to be smarter. He had 85 percent of this year off.
Exactly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 am
At the end of the day I think the lesson learnt is that if you are not BT Ervine Raza Williams Jarvis or Chatara you have to behave.
Very True

Chisoro & Moor thought they were in the cool club but clearly not
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement