15 Man Test Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 15 Man Test Squad Announced

Post by sloandog »

Not be selected **

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’d say the directive and strategy this time around is to select the players who have performed in the Logan Cup.

Last time no one paid attention.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Googly wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm
One nameless cricketer just phoned one of the “selectors” to politely enquire why he’d been omitted and was told “you need to learn respect!” and had the phone put down on him. Backs up what I’ve just said.
The new boys are on a power trip with the big boss’s blessing.
Going off his twitter paragraph, I assume Burl is the chap you’re referring to. Rightly so, as well. Being flown back early to be selected in the squad is absolutely terrible from Zimbabwe Cricket.
Can somebody remind of the new selection panel? Maruma being included over Moor and Burl is an absolute joke. Has he ever performed when playing international cricket?
Nope.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The last day or so sees us at a crossroads here.
Burl hasn’t done particularly well in BPL, I don’t think?
For me he’s a bit limited as a T20 player, but he’s an all round talent, that’s for sure.
So from what I can ascertain he was recalled for national duty then told the good news. That’s a really low blow, even by these kretins’ standards, and they’re sending a clear message to any like minded players, by messing him up there and now here. It’s payback time for not understanding his place. No world class player would accept this treatment, less to do with options than actually having a set of gonads that are required to win games at the highest level. If you’re prepared to put some lipstick on then you ain't winning a game against men.

What I’m also surmising is that there are a lot fewer central contracts than we first thought, basically most seem to be on a freelance basis, and really what are they going to do about it if they don’t like it? The players are a beaten, broken group of unpaid sad sacks, thoroughly deserved, mind you, they had their chance and were divided and owned.
The first people that always register discontent and poor treatment are the white guys, and it’s perceived to be malcontent against the black admin and cleverly manipulated to appear so. The black dudes will happily take a beating all day long, as long as it’s black on black. There has always been a divide so it’s been a piece of old tackie getting one lot pulling in the right direction, and look where it’s gotten them now!! These players still haven’t really registered how far down the toilet we are, most are not very bright. No players have a voice, everything is up in the air and nobody is going to make noise because they’re all scrambling for a few places, and the message is clear- be a subservient whipped dog or you’re going nowhere under the new dispensation. They will be harsher to any uppity black than white, take poison on that.

Opening the batting is the toughest gig in cricket, unless you’re no 3 for Zim, in which case it’s probably worse.
The likelihood of seeing the birth of a successful opening pair next game are very slim. One more good game from Madhevere, Myers or Shumba and the order will be given to the “selectors” :lol: by the real boss to pick at least one of them. And not to open :lol: , stick him lower half and find another middle order player to have a go with the new ball to make room for him. They’re clueless. We’re in complete disarray and our cricket is run by a small group of people that know more about astro physics than the game.

When you hear any zanu politician say we’ve turned the corner and we’ve got a big year ahead you put your seat belt on and pay attention because you know there’s a train smash ahead.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 am
Stoneman Returns wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 am
Moor is better wicket keeper batsman then Regis Chakabva who cost Zimbabwe test in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.

Timycen Maruma another rubbish addition, Burl is better leg spinner batsman then Maruma, even Mavuta would have been better addition.
I don’t disagree with this.
No way is PJ a better wk.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I was more referencing the Maruma selection. I also think PJ is an inferior keeper to Regi

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

When is hte first Test starting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm
When is hte first Test starting?
Sunday

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm
I’d say the directive and strategy this time around is to select the players who have performed in the Logan Cup.

I think this is the right way to go. For so long we have picked the same guys over and over again with no results. Let's put value on our domestic. Some of these guys literally chose to go for Christmas holidays and then they expect to get picked. Let's wait till Sunday and see what happens. I got a feeling a couple of the guys will shock many. Its a sink or swim moment for the likes of Masvaure Nyauchi and Kasuza. Perform or die. You would have wasted a good 6 or 7 years of your life if you flop. A lot is on the line for them. I got a feeling at least 1 of them will take this opportunity. Tshuma is 26 as well. Might be his only chance .

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:37 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm

I think this is the right way to go. For so long we have picked the same guys over and over again with no results. Let's put value on our domestic. Some of these guys literally chose to go for Christmas holidays and then they expect to get picked. Let's wait till Sunday and see what happens. I got a feeling a couple of the guys will shock many. Its a sink or swim moment for the likes of Masvaure Nyauchi and Kasuza. Perform or die. You would have wasted a good 6 or 7 years of your life if you flop. A lot is on the line for them. I got a feeling at least 1 of them will take this opportunity. Tshuma is 26 as well. Might be his only chance .
I agree with this move as well. The bigger issue I have is the selection of Ainsley Ndlovu who has an average first class record and can't bat over Mufadza or Wellington.