15 Man Test Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 15 Man Test Squad Announced

Post by foreignfield »

Can someone give me one reason why Ndlovu is in the squad (ordinary FC record, can't bat, hasn't shown anything in his previous international outings against lesser opposition)?

Do we now have tribal quotas and they have to pick someone from Matabeleland?

Googly

Post by Googly »

You’d think that when you play a test match every couple of years you’d want to put out the strongest team possible, but with the luxury of two series in a year there’s time to teach a little respect :lol:
It’s important to make our two round Logan Cup “great again!”
It’s been so poorly managed for so long now they should actually change it to the Makoni Cup and leave Mr Logan out of it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s a dark gloomy day with the weather pics showing some crazy convergence over Maputo and our Lowveld, we’re on the edge of it and rain is highly likely. The forecast over the next few days is similar.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve just been reading a shocking story about our teachers who don’t want to work for $10 a month being rounded up and sent to Border Gezi camp for re-indoctrination. What goes on there is really frightening, yet somehow seems to work. Guys come out of there with a glazed 1000 yard stare willing to sacrifice their families for country. Maybe ZC should think about this as an option, respect is taught, not earned around here.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

foreignfield wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 pm
Can someone give me one reason why Ndlovu is in the squad (ordinary FC record, can't bat, hasn't shown anything in his previous international outings against lesser opposition)?

Do we now have tribal quotas and they have to pick someone from Matabeleland?
He is one of those guys like Brian Chari where the stats don't do him justice but they will keep pushing him. I have seen him live. He is better than those stats suggest. After Chisoro I would probably pick him.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:19 am
You’d think that when you play a test match every couple of years you’d want to put out the strongest team possible, but with the luxury of two series in a year there’s time to teach a little respect :lol:
It’s important to make our two round Logan Cup “great again!”
It’s been so poorly managed for so long now they should actually change it to the Makoni Cup and leave Mr Logan out of it.
Shhh...stop giving them ideas. Soon they will say something like the white kits represent colonialism and we should instead be wearing black kits.

Honestly speaking, this forum could run a better domestic comp.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s actually lightened up, game will at least start I reckon. If HSC open the gates!