Burl & Moor becomes victims of racial quota system

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Burl & Moor becomes victims of racial quota system

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe declared 15 men test squad against Sri Lanka but whats surprising is missing names of two star players Peter Moor & Ryan Burl.

For last one year Peter Moor has been the most improved player & Burl average 40 in domestic cricket, two has been excluded with fake reason revealing them not taking part in domestic cricket but in reality Zimbabwe forced to exclude them because of racial quotas
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Re: Burl & Moor becomes victims of racial quota system

Post by TapsC »

Was it racism with Forster Mutizwa who averaged about 40 over 93 FC games but only played 1 test his whole career despite being a leading run scorer in multiple seasons? Sometimes it's just incompetence and not necessarily a colour thing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s something wrong with this dude. I almost prefer Hhm.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Forster’s repeated exclusions were bloody unfair.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:00 pm
Zimbabwe declared 15 men test squad against Sri Lanka but whats surprising is missing names of two star players Peter Moor & Ryan Burl.

For last one year Peter Moor has been the most improved player & Burl average 40 in domestic cricket, two has been excluded with fake reason revealing them not taking part in domestic cricket but in reality Zimbabwe forced to exclude them because of racial quotas
I honestly don't think this is a racial case. Burl has played no Logan Cup cricket, Moor just one match in which he made only 13 and 17. So they have no red-ball form to fall back on since last season. I think the reason that they have largely missed the Logan Cup is genuine, though harsh considering the dysfunctional season there has been, and I would have had them in the squad, at least. But I don't believe there is a racial quota these days. We have had five or six whites playing in the national team in recent years.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jward wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:45 pm

I honestly don't think this is a racial case. Burl has played no Logan Cup cricket, Moor just one match in which he made only 13 and 17. So they have no red-ball form to fall back on since last season. I think the reason that they have largely missed the Logan Cup is genuine, though harsh considering the dysfunctional season there has been, and I would have had them in the squad, at least. But I don't believe there is a racial quota these days. We have had five or six whites playing in the national team in recent years.
Well said John

If anything the white players like Burl & Moor have had a good run in recent times, I can't say the current admin have shown racial bias at all, they treat everyone like shit
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

:lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Burl does a lot of tweeting. He’s trying to market himself for T20 gigs and the clash with ZC is inevitable. He’s taken the tweet down which shouldn’t have been up in the first place. No board would take kindly to that, least of all ours.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Mutizwa belonged to the era where middle order used to perform. Players like Chigimbura & Lamb was preferred who were allrounders. Mutizwa, himself was wicket keeper, its hard case to play 3 wicket keepers in a side when players like Taibu & Taylor were performing to a greater extent.Mutizwa was also backed by the team allowing him to bat higher up the order, but he failed to capitalise the chances given to him

At the present set up, Regis Chakabva might be good with the bat but his keeping skills are not upto the mark, because of him, Zimbabwe failed to create history in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh as he dropped catches and missed stumping at important phase of the game.Inclusion of bits and pieces Timycen Maruma is another surprising even Mutombodzi is much better then him and shown improvement recently.

Burl & Moor has been performing over last one year. Moor played some crucial innings in tests & odis when team was in trouble. Burl also performed in shorter formats after being not allowed to play in most of the logan cup matches last season, and he is now on the verge to become a leg spinning allrounder after his bowling looking to have good effect .Racisim still excist in Zimbabwe and the Chairman Mukhuhalani is a big example of it as he used that term for non inclusion Cephas Zhuwayo, who was later forcefully included and alleged Heath Streak for failing to qualify in World Cup 2019
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

This thing is very much common in Zimbabwe, drops white cricketers with bizzare reasons.
Robo to rule :oops: