ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Post by TapsC »

Imagine being the SA u19 coach and losing to Zim and Afghanistan in the same month. I would be very worried.

TapsC

Re: ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 am
They’re lying bud. If they say he’s 15 then no-one’s going to question whether he’s over age, they’ll just question whether he’s 15 or not. :lol:
Rashid Khan was 24 when he played his last u19 game. Fact. They’re just cheats.
It's actually ridiculous. They need to start age testing because this is getting out of hand. According to the rules Mujeeb could have played at this tournament because he is apparently 18. Now I know people look older in that part of the world but where you can see its fake is the maturity and level of control they have with their spin bowling. Not possible at that age for me. How many times you see a 15 year old spinner who can first of all control his variations and secondly know exactly when to bowl them.

Don't be surprised to see them retiring at 29

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:19 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 am
They’re lying bud. If they say he’s 15 then no-one’s going to question whether he’s over age, they’ll just question whether he’s 15 or not. :lol:
Rashid Khan was 24 when he played his last u19 game. Fact. They’re just cheats.
It's actually ridiculous. They need to start age testing because this is getting out of hand. According to the rules Mujeeb could have played at this tournament because he is apparently 18. Now I know people look older in that part of the world but where you can see its fake is the maturity and level of control they have with their spin bowling. Not possible at that age for me. How many times you see a 15 year old spinner who can first of all control his variations and secondly know exactly when to bowl them.

Don't be surprised to see them retiring at 29
They need to stamp it out immediately.

It’s going to take one Sean Abbott special from one of these 20 plus year old guys, like that Pakistani 150km per hour dude and the legal liability will be unprecedented.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

It just shows how corrupt ICC is at the end of the day. They know exactly what’s going on. Zim were caught with four or five over agers one year and were allowed to continue playing them. :lol: Granted we weren’t going to make waves, but this Afghan side could/should get to knock outs and if they play against a side that is conforming (unlikely :lol:) they should complain.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

18th January 2020

Group A : NZ U19 V/S JPN U19

Scorecard : https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/836 ... up-2019-20

Group B : AUS U19 V/S WI U19

Group D : UAE U19 V/S CAN U19

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 pm
Imagine being the SA u19 coach and losing to Zim and Afghanistan in the same month. I would be very worried.
I saw someone on twitter raging about Afghanistan being called Minnows by the SA press when they’ve finished ahead of SA in the last two World Cups.
We beat them and we pick our side from about 200 boys!
Zim has more talent per number of players than any other nation on earth, and I’m not knocking them, but SA u19 should be a powerhouse in cricket. They got smashed 7-0 by Pakistan in warm ups. They’ve got enough players throughout their system to paper over the huge cracks, but they’re done as a major cricketing nation.
Their age group provincial sides are woefully bad, thanks to their quota system. The only thing they do well is sledge, foul mouthed horrible little blighters.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see AB is negotiating a comeback. He’s their BT, the parallels are there throughout both countries. They feed off each other and are trying to outdo each other to see who can completely collapse a country faster. Zim is winning :lol: but it’s closer than people think.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The press needs to start calling the Proteas u19 minnows because that’s essentially what they are now!
It would cause a shit-storm. :lol: but facts are facts.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s odd that SA couldn’t find a decent young black quick bowler this year. What happened to Ntini’s son? I thought he was good? If he’s inherited any of his dad’s ability he should be outstanding. I was listening to Pollock, he said Ntini used to go on a 5km warm up run the day of a test match! :lol: Grant Flower often used to go for a run at the end of a day, which is equally bizarre, highly motivated people with bees in their heads. This Kumalo guy they’ve got is bang average, he’ll be related to someone. :lol:
They’re heading our way where the black guys don’t want to bowl fast and they’re all trying their hand at spin. It’s almost impossible to find a schoolboy here that is genuinely trying to bowl as quick as he can.
I like everything about that Gerald Coetzee guy, I’ve watched him for many years, he’s a fine player.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m watching West Indies Australia. This is a higher standard of cricket than we’ve seen so far. If young Goodwin can’t make this Aussie side they must be sharp.
These West Indians have lost their birth certificates as well.