Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

zimlover wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Ryan Burl debut looked very average and looked like he was not ready to play a test match.

Burl debuted in the Pink Ball Test v South Africa, no one looked like they were ready for Test cricket except for Jarvis with the ball
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Marshmallow

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Marshmallow »

More crowd that's very interesting many people coming and enjoying the test match :) :? 8-)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The pitch is very flat and maybe a tad slow, that mixed with the slow outfield has made scoring slightly difficult, although spending time out in the middle is easy. I guess thats why we're in the strange situation where Zimbabwe are 108/1 at tea scoring at under 2 an over. Very odd don't ever remember a Test like this ?

The openers did really really well, only thing I will pick on is that they could probably have rotated the strike better and picked up more singles, they might have been on 130-140 right now.

I like what I see from Kasuza, but I reckon I know why his career numbers are as they are! He seems to get stuck on the crease doesn't move to the ball at all which means he rarely gets any balls on his pads that he can play for an easy single, which in turn bogs him down which probably results in him playing a rash shot to get out after a good start.

I feel if he fixes the first thing and takes a slight movement to off stump he'll get a few more easy runs off his pads which will in turn keep his score ticking over and not bog him down so he won't feel the pressure to play big shots.

Looks a really good player though it's hard to know why the selectors have ignored him for Chari for long
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

50 on debut for Kasuza! :)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm
Hopefully he doesn’t fall into the trap as usual zimbos do and kicks on for three figures.
Kasuza has a habit of getting zimbo hundreds in domestic so I’m really hoping he lifts for the occasion. Something he could always be proud of.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm
Great knock on debut. First since M Waller to get a 50 on debut?
Hopefully he kicks on.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

After the shithousery that was the Brisbane Heat performance tonight, its refreshing to see Zim do well.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This is a perfect start because the better players can come in and play with a bit more freedom like Ervine is right now.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 pm
This is a perfect start because the better players can come in and play with a bit more freedom like Ervine is right now.
Absolutely! The one scenario we all fear is the one where Ervine & BT have to face the new ball. And that is exactly what would happen more often than not if our boys would try and emulate a Warner just because that's en vogue these days.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I haven't really been following too much, but is this a pretty much close to full strength Sri Lanka, and how is the pitch? Looks like isn't much for the bowlers from what I can see, but could be wrong?