Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by foreignfield »

Yep, my gut feeling all through yesterday was that we will be batting some time after tea--and then probably hang on until a bit after lunch tomorrow in the way the Dogg indicated. It sounds like an action replay of more than one of our recent Test defeats.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:17 am

If we played on a green pitch Kumara would suddenly turn into Rabada with that pace and we all know our guys. At the moment I think if we were to play on a pitch with some life it has to favour spin. That will actually work to our advantage as we would then have 4 guys (Raza Burl Mutombodzi Williams) offering something with the ball without taking a batting spot. We just don't have fast enough bowlers to play on green pitches for now.
A warning to all, please read before you write

I never mentioned green tops, I said 'Hard and Fast pitches'

No doubt Sri Lanka have a better pace attack right now, but it's more of an overall philosophy I think Zimbabwe need to approach, dead flat decks arn't doing anyone favours
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I agree. Dead flat tracks are not helping us at all. We will just fall further and further behind everyone because they are all producing quality bowlers.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Regis again with a drop off a spinner in a Test match

Going to painful in Bangladesh once again

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The bowling has been disciplined but toothless to be fair, Jarvis unlucky, Nyauchi very good and Tiripano as always competitive but not good enough.

All the spinners have been average, definitely need a 4th seamer for the next Test, not another military medium like the 3 here they need someone different. Mumba we know has some gas, Tshuma I believe is tall and decent speed for Zimbabwe standards, even someone like Ngarava who is tall and adds some left arm variation.

Can't play Ndlovu again ..... ever

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

A draw is a Win for us,the truth is if they don’t get going now.

Nyauchi is a handful again.our best bowler by far!

Nyauchi deserves another crack on a Seam friendly wicket.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimlover wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:55 am

Nyauchi deserves another crack on a Seam friendly wicket.
Zimbabwe never play in seamer friendly conditions sadly, I feel guys like Mpofu would have had better career numbers if they weren't always playing on pitches like this

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Ervine drops one. One more and into a pretty ordinary SL tail

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’m not sure why zim can produce batsmen but not bowlers

Worse countries than us have 140 k bowler

We have low numbers, I know. I would have thought that would affect the batting more, and high density types could be identified as having fast potential.

Fast bowling is more genetics after all.

Our best bowlers have probably never been discovered.

Such a fast way out of poverty if you’re identified as a 140 bowler
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Unless I’m looking at it the wrong way, and the Only reason we have batsmen is excellent junior coaching. Batting is a skill learnt.
Studies have shown quality batsmen generally don’t have gifts in terms of reflex and shit.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*