Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by TapsC »

To be honest if Burl was in the squad I would drop Raza for him. He disappointed me the most over the last 5 days. We have to start taking a hard stance on some people. He really should have done better.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:40 pm
TapsC wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:38 pm
In the end the difference was 1 of their star players stood up and scored big on a flat deck. None of our top players scored a 100. That's where the game was lost. There were runs to be scored. It was actually easier to bat on day 3 because the sun was out. I also don't think you can blame someone on debut and another guy who has played 1 test for scoring slowly. That is really unfair. Why would BT be affected by Kasuza on debut scoring slowly if he is that good? The senior players cost us this match. Thats the sad truth. i cant blame Jarvis because that was a flat track.
+100
I also agree. The senior players (Ervine aside in the first innings) didn't show enough grit.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I do fear for jarvis spot. I seem to recall mukluhani saying recently that there wont be any sacred cows in the squad from now on or words to that effect and if you don't perform you get dropped

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Raza at least took three wickets and scored some runs in the first innings. I’d drop Regi and bring Moor in and hand the gloves to either BT or Moor himself. Some of the shots were shocking.
Drop Ndlovu (bang average) and bring in Mavuta. He may go for runs but he also has more wicket taking ability

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well Madhevere is a leggie and clearly offers a lot with the bat. It’s time to see our first real youngster in the side.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm
Well Madhevere is a leggie and clearly offers a lot with the bat. It’s time to see our first real youngster in the side.
Off spinner isn’t he..?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Actually I’m not sure....
I thought he was a leggie? If he’s an offie he can wait :lol:
We need a leggie.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya just looked that up. He’s an offie.

Donald

Post by Donald »

One of mumba or Tshuma has to play next year

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 pm
Raza at least took three wickets and scored some runs in the first innings. I’d drop Regi and bring Moor in and hand the gloves to either BT or Moor himself. Some of the shots were shocking.
Drop Ndlovu (bang average) and bring in Mavuta. He may go for runs but he also has more wicket taking ability
Wickets that Raza took were immaterial. Probably even hastened their declaration at that stage, else they might have batted another half an hour, which could have helped our cause in the end :lol:

Dropping Raza is not an option, although his bowling has gone downhill. Someone needs to talk to him and remind him of his fighting spirits that have saved the day for us on occasions. There have been way too many careless dismissals. It is like watching Taibu get out to reverse sweep regularly when he was on top of his game. Frustrating.

Taylor won't have the fitness or the agility to keep in a 5 day match and bat, that's for sure. Moor is much worse than Regis with the gloves. That's why I started wondering in another thread that if only Kasuza had continued to develop his keeping... There is no quick solution to the Regis problem.

Mavuta is not the answer just because he is a leggie. He has very poor control.There won't be any tight overs from his end with a couple of hit-me balls every over. Chisoro is our best bet. What we need is an intelligent bowler who can both attack and accurately defend, like Maharaj. None in the country at the moment.