Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:35 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 am
Not as excited for this series. Could be to do with the fact that with everything that has gone on in the past few months, it just seems to justify the corruption and ineptitude that exists within ZC, and what we as fans have to put up with.

Knowing the ICC is complicit in this too is essentially them shitting on the fans and genuine players. Also, Hammy has endorsed it all, so it almost seems dirty to be behind them.
Give it a rest mate lets enjoy some Test cricket
I didn't ask you to take the same view as me. I just echoed my sentiment.

I'll be following the series, but I don't like accepting mediocrity.
Well give up mate because Zim cricket ain’t improving anytime soon, if you can’t enjoy this it ain’t getting much better
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:01 am
Kasuza (And Prince) look so much better technically than Chari it’s hard to understand how or why Chari has been given so many chances in front of these guys??

Somebody mentioned a Shona/Nbele/White quota, maybe there is something in that lol
Chari was so far out of his depth at international level in was scarcely believable. Kasuza has been playing club cricket in South Africa in the weeks before the Logan Cup started. Appears to have worked hard but lets see where he goes.
Thanks for the insight, yeah he looks much better than Chari, but his numbers suggest he makes lots of starts but struggles to convert.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Put a lunch bar on a length and see how he plays. Funny exchange between Tino and Dirk- Tino reckons he’s quicker than him now between wickets. :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It looks like they've taken the jumbo screen TV out of HSC :(
It kind of feels like a traditional Test match from the early 90s. Bare minimum TV coverage (obviously whatever the least they could do to satisfy the ICC requirements), no advertising, none of the modern stuff like DRS (presumably?), an a sub-2 run rate.

How does everyone see this game panning out?
I still reckon a first innings score of 250 after 100 overs would be good. With a bit of rain, that could well be towards the end of day 2. A draw plus a bit of batting practice for our guys would be a good result from this.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Beautiful shot. Jeez Viljoen must just shut up with his running commentary on how to get Kasuza out. Is he pushing for a job there?

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Chari, Chibhabha , Chakabva... these are quota players
Last edited by The Robot on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robo to rule :oops:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good start from us. Sri Lanka have been very ordinary with the ball. No tricks from the spinner yet either.
No man, we’re posting 501 and we’re getting them out twice. Double hundred for the Batman with no Name

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 am
It looks like they've taken the jumbo screen TV out of HSC :(
It kind of feels like a traditional Test match from the early 90s. Bare minimum TV coverage (obviously whatever the least they could do to satisfy the ICC requirements), no advertising, none of the modern stuff like DRS (presumably?), an a sub-2 run rate.

How does everyone see this game panning out?
I still reckon a first innings score of 250 after 100 overs would be good. With a bit of rain, that could well be towards the end of day 2. A draw plus a bit of batting practice for our guys would be a good result from this.
I noticed Dafabet are sponsoring this series, that’s a good sign!

Pitch looks flat as I’d say 250 is way unders in the first innings,
If the pitch stays like this, and it might due to the rain & lack of sun a draw looks a good bet

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 am

Well give up mate because Zim cricket ain’t improving anytime soon, if you can’t enjoy this it ain’t getting much better
Yeah nah. I'm good mate. Going to keep up the good fight i reckon.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The big screen was probably repossessed. :lol:
These muppets don’t pay. Possession is 10/10’s of the law here.