Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Just need to get through that first hour or so wicketless and see off the new ball. I guess the conditions could make the ball nip around for a bit longer though. I don't mind that these guys are batting so slowly though, actually I love it.

The bowling hasn't been great, so it's a little bit concerning that these guys both look like getting out at any moment. If they can each scratch their way to 25 that would be a win, and hopefully Taylor and co will be able to capitalise against the no-name SL attack.

Some spinner has been brought into the attack now, this will be the real key for us. I can totally see us falling apart against an SL club-level spinner, so if we can keep him quiet we might have a chance of putting up a competitive score here.

Googly

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Googly »

If I recall the pitches closer to the bank are more benign than the ones on the other side, that’s a mid pitch.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 am
Not as excited for this series. Could be to do with the fact that with everything that has gone on in the past few months, it just seems to justify the corruption and ineptitude that exists within ZC, and what we as fans have to put up with.

Knowing the ICC is complicit in this too is essentially them shitting on the fans and genuine players. Also, Hammy has endorsed it all, so it almost seems dirty to be behind them.
You are right,
But I think we just have to put these thoughts aside for a few days and enjoy the test, otherwise we will go crazy.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Every commentator, regardless of his affiliations, spends all his time advising the bowling team how to get the batsman out?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:35 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 am
Not as excited for this series. Could be to do with the fact that with everything that has gone on in the past few months, it just seems to justify the corruption and ineptitude that exists within ZC, and what we as fans have to put up with.

Knowing the ICC is complicit in this too is essentially them shitting on the fans and genuine players. Also, Hammy has endorsed it all, so it almost seems dirty to be behind them.
Give it a rest mate lets enjoy some Test cricket
I didn't ask you to take the same view as me. I just echoed my sentiment.

I'll be following the series, but I don't like accepting mediocrity.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kasuza (And Prince) look so much better technically than Chari it’s hard to understand how or why Chari has been given so many chances in front of these guys??

Somebody mentioned a Shona/Nbele/White quota, maybe there is something in that lol
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

I like Prince. Looks solid.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The artist formerly known as Masvaure

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:01 am
Kasuza (And Prince) look so much better technically than Chari it’s hard to understand how or why Chari has been given so many chances in front of these guys??

Somebody mentioned a Shona/Nbele/White quota, maybe there is something in that lol
Chari was so far out of his depth at international level in was scarcely believable. Kasuza has been playing club cricket in South Africa in the weeks before the Logan Cup started. Appears to have worked hard but lets see where he goes.