Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:21 am
Probably Sri Lanka's session but the pitch is definitely offering some hope to Zimbabwe, Nyauchi bowled really well you could see his confidence lift after the wicket, unlucky to not get Kasul Mendis.

Jarvis was poor in his first spell but his second was spot on, it's funny to watch some people here you can clearly see they have their favourites and their not so favourites, they'll take any chance to lay the boot in. Saying Jarvis rubbish after one bad spell :lol:

Ndlovu is bang average and doesn't bat, I didn't agree that Williams adds as much as Chisoro but I agree his bowling is on par with Ndlovu. It's a shame because someone like Mumba would have been useful in this match.

Kasuza looks like he's concussed, might see Maruma or Mudzingyama subbed into the match
Jarvis will come good.

So what happens with these subs? Can they only bat? Don't really know the new rules.

Nyauchi certainly did improve after the wicket. I still prefer Tshuma but pets see how he goes. He just needs to back himself

Mr Twig

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Mr Twig »

Raza forgotten how to bowl? All over the place

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:51 am

So what happens with these subs? Can they only bat? Don't really know the new rules.

It has to be a 'like for like' replacement and I think the opposition has to agree on it? Seeing as Kasuza isn't a bowler they could replace him with Maruma or Mudzingyama but neither can bowl. If it were Williams or Raza I believe their replacement would be right to bowl.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

This why I wanted 4 seamers, Ndlovu has bowled 4 overs and already it looks like he's been relegated to the 3rd choice spinner. At least with Chisoro you know what you'll get from him and he can bat.

Mumba or even Tshuma or Mashinge would have been useful, gosh even my boy Neville Madziva would have been a better pick adding some with the bat & ball.

Wasted selection

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Jarvis looks pretty good he is a world class bowler

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Thai is the most crucial afternoon of the match for us I believe.

What we need to do is restrict them to 400. Maybe 450 tops.

From my understanding the Sri Lanka trail is long. So this afternoon decides their standing in the match.

If we can get them 5 or 6 down by close of play. We are ok. If 3 or under, they can really take it away from us. Get 159 ahead, bowl us out 220 and mad cash 70 runs late day 5.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ndlovu sucks

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Nyauchi has really bowled well today, I kind of wrote him off yesterday (I wasn't the only one) but he's been really good today :W:

Need two more quick ones