Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by zimlover »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:34 pm
What’s wrong with Dean? Listening to the same three guys for 4/5 days is like being in a throat slitting polygamous marriage.

The only way Dean is going to impress me is if he takes the wheel and drives me to Shurugwi

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm
How fast you guys think Nyauchi is? These guys need to mix it up a little more, I’d like to see a slower ball and a cross seam. Curran is good at variations when it’s not doing much for him.
Having only stolen a few glances at the stream today, I'd say he's in the lowish 130s (maybe the odd one at 134/35). 5 kph quicker than Tiripano on average? Also a tad quicker than Jarvis.

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimlover wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 pm
Googly wrote:
What’s wrong with Dean? Listening to the same three guys for 4/5 days is like being in a throat slitting polygamous marriage.

The only way Dean is going to impress me is if he takes the wheel and drives me to Shurugwi
:lol: that’s not nice boss.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya he looks ok. Great physique for a seamer. He’s bowled a nagging 4th/5th stump line. Looks tidy. I’d like to see him come round for an over.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 pm
I haven’t seen Ndlovu until now. Has he got a googly?
He's a finger spinner
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I keep harping on about it but the selection of Ndlovu is a poor one, he hasn't looked up to scratch in any international game I've seen him bowl and today has been no different. A fourth seamer would have been so useful on this deck

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh. Just saw an over, thought he was a leggie.
How many offies do we need?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:46 pm
Oh. Just saw an over, thought he was a leggie.
How many offies do we need?
We don't need him that's for sure

The fact he can't bat either makes it more concerning he's been picked.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nyangani (Chinaman) from u19 bowls wicket taking deliveries, he’d have been a way better option. He might get spanked but just bowling bog standard containment ain’t gonna get you much at this level

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimlover wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 pm
Googly wrote:

I like Dean.
But let’s be real.
This is hardly an outrage if he can’t get a commentary gig.
The guy is blind! He can’t see the action!
He will need to guess the action on the field from hearing sounds and filling the rest with stories of the good old days. He also can’t really bring in any ex player perspective or something of notable unique value. He’s more novelty value sadly.

He did ok in the past, but A commentary gig is no doubt highly coveted. He can make one huge mistake and look like a real idiot. He also sounds too similar to Dirk.

In the box Dirk does ok. Vusi does ok. Tino has been sensationally comfortable in the box.
We can only guess who else would like a gig who hasn’t got a look in.

He is way more suited as a journalist, podcast fella, maybe a guest stint in the box. Even though I think more fans would probably like to hear from an injured player as a guest stint.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*