Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Googly »

I didn’t watch too many tests, and my memory is a bit hazy, but I never missed an ODI and my memory is equally hazy :lol: They were bloody awesome. In those days there was no bank and there used to be hospitality tents all the way around that side. Free booze and friends in every tent and if you wanted to get really untidy you’d sit at Castle Corner and really get on it. The banter there was unbelievable. We’d stay on until 10pm and just enjoy.
Are you wanting to make me cry?
Castle Corner is still going strong though.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:19 am
A lot of quick bowlers are sliders and slingers, unless the guy has a lot of momentum a jumper often loses pace at the crease. Evans is at Cardiff. You always talk about his pace, but he’s not that quick I don’t think. He’s probably a bit quicker than anyone here, but he’s not 140. He gets it to nip and swing though.
Sorry my bad, Cardiff.
I faced him during a friendly and he bent his back. 84/85mph I reckon

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:56 am
I didn’t watch too many tests, and my memory is a bit hazy, but I never missed an ODI and my memory is equally hazy :lol: They were bloody awesome. In those days there was no bank and there used to be hospitality tents all the way around that side. Free booze and friends in every tent and if you wanted to get really untidy you’d sit at Castle Corner and really get on it. The banter there was unbelievable. We’d stay on until 10pm and just enjoy.
Is castle corner that little hut behind the big stand?

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s the bar. The whole stand is Castle Corner. It used to be a smaller stand, but they made it bigger. It’s like the South Africans building a shopping centre, the people will come :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s the theory with making our airport bigger, they think it will attract the tourists. :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

So David mutendera the selector is saying they need fast bowlers??

Why didn't they pick mumba or Tshuma then

Googly

Post by Googly »

The humour there was giving any pretty girl walking past a hard time, it was a laugh. There was no shortage either, in fact I think they used to queue.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly wrote:
Parking used to be a problem and if you were late you’d park a couple of km’s away and walk. Those were the days, gone for good.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who’s the legend who’s created the ZCF twitter page?! Who ever it is has just taken a massive swipe at Frank Mawoza! :lol: It’s made my day

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

Googly wrote:
Sounds like a good day. Those days of sport watching are gone (for me anyway!) due to political correctness, bogans and drink driving! I guess the Zimbabweans are more concerned about there next feed than watching the cricket!