Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by SpitfiresKent »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 pm
Hats off to you sir, that was reverse-jinxing at it's best. :D
EXACTLY! ;) :D

ZIMDOGGY

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

He’s now my second favourite famous Donald.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:04 pm
He’s now my second favourite famous Donald.
1 duck
2 Tiripano
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Sri Lanka going at 3 an over. Now if we use the stats and calculations that were being used here they would need to bat until around lunch on day 4 to be 150 ahead and hope there is no rain which is highly unlikely .then we must also collapse in the second innings

tgk

Post by tgk »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm
Sri Lanka going at 3 an over. Now if we use the stats and calculations that were being used here they would need to bat until around lunch on day 4 to be 150 ahead and hope there is no rain which is highly unlikely .then we must also collapse in the second innings
Orrrrr we bundle them out for less than 150, make em follow on and win by an innings.

I dunno, might be the optimist in me.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I know he doesn't set the world a light, but is there a more likeable cricketer than Donald Tiripano? He shows the same grit and determination that we were renowned for in the 1990s.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

One hell of an effort by Zimbabwe to play out a massive 148 overs! I agree they haven't scored as much as they should have, but this was a resilient performance. :W:

Well done Zimbabwe. :W: We will have to see how it goes tomorrow, very important day for both teams.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:25 pm
I know he doesn't set the world a light, but is there a more likeable cricketer than Donald Tiripano? He shows the same grit and determination that we were renowned for in the 1990s.
Because he is in a post quota world.
Donald and the two openers had to FIGHT to get into the team.

They weren’t gifted spots like the 2005-2011 era +2013/14.

It’s why Kasuza played the warm up tourney in SA and Prince lost weight and changed his game.

Ok the flip, it’s why Matsikenyeri plateaued young and Sibanda never hit the heights.

And why Bavuma and countless South Africans are struggling now!

You need focus, commitment and sheer will.
Some of our guys are discovering this inside them and I am hopeful it’s starting to show.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm
They'd have to bat till tea on day 4, if they continue at 3 an over. If they bat that long they will surely go at closer to 3.5 though which takes us to a bit after lunch on day 4. Which means ZIM will have to bat another 100 overs, and at 3 an over, leaves ZIM 150 ahead. Then with 60 overs left for SL to chase it down or for ZIM to take 10 more wickets. Assuming no rain of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Anyone have any insight on the rain situation tomorrow !
?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.