Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

So how do we see this playing out fellas?

10 overs in and I'm happy with the way we're batting, generally speaking. A few plays and misses to deliveries that, honestly, should be left alone. But on the whole nothing too stupid.

Best case scenario, these two stick around until stumps, but realistically we will lose at least one. So let's say 1/20 at stumps.

3/90 at lunch.
6/170 at tea.

Then it's just a matter of can the tail hold on long enough that Sri Lanka don't have enough time to chase whatever trivial lead we have.

If we're not still batting at tea tomorrow, we lose.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Only following the scorecard, but These guys batting how I’ve been saying.

Hitting what needs to be hit and Asian pussy tight otherwise. Keep the field guessing.

Anyone who’s watching the stream, how is the light?

And I have an open question.

Should zim retain wickets, at what point is it called off for a draw ?

Let’s say Zim are 0/110 at lunch tomorrow. Would they call it?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

The light is fine. Some long shadows forming but nothing that would hinder batting.
Just need to get through the next few overs unscathed now.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Should zim retain wickets, at what point is it called off for a draw ?

Let’s say Zim are 0/110 at lunch tomorrow. Would they call it?
The match must be played till the last hour - last 15 overs, at which point the two teams can come together and decide there is no result possible and stop playing by informing the umpires. Any earlier than that is not allowed if I'm correct...

So, a long day tomorrow.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:17 pm
foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQy3mfa3Q4

Not watching myself but that was the link.
Thanks, but that's blocked in India :(
Someone in India posted this earlier: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16779&p=143552&hilit=india#p143552
Thanks, will attempt tomorrow if possible...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Bold call time - if we lose a wicket in the first half hour, send Tiripano it at number three.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This is going to be a snoozefest tomorrow. It would take something really special to collapse here. If a kid who has only played 3 FC games can come in and survive that long on day 4 I don't see how our middle order can collapse if they get into defense mode. Stranger things have happened but i would be extremely disappointed

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nobody can snatch defeat from the jaws of a draw like our lads :lol: but you’d think we will be ok.
Openers look solid. Masvaure looks really good. Well he doesn’t look good but he plays real good. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

The new lad looks ok. No better conditions to debut in either. Maybe he’ll be our Labushagne, coming in for an injury and sending notice? Would be tough on Kasuza who did well. Don’t get injured in this game if you’re not a star.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Should be draw from here on, don't mess it up Zimbabwe.

The pitch needs to be spiced up a bit for the 2nd test though, this was way too boring for an outsider.