Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:06 am
There’s no one really quick in our system from 14 years old upwards so they’re not unearthing anybody, unless the Muzarabani Academy has produced.
It has always amazed my that Zimbabwe has never really produced any bowler of great pace, even in the golden years. Guys like Blignaut & Olonga were quick but not fast, in Australia Bligz looked pretty standard compared to the local guys. Talk that some local Zim guys like Gearld Aliseni or Tawanda Biti (I think that was his name) had some gas but they never got through to the national side.

Chatara and Vitori both were fairly quick for Zim standards but TLC broke his leg and Vitori got banned, Blessing is more tall and bouncy rather than quick, whilst Mumba and Ngarava are again quick but not over 140k.

Even the likes of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have better pace attacks now, Zimbabwe really needs a Fast Bowling Scouting mission, as TaspC said go to the villages and find some kids who can throw down. You can teach line and length but you cant teach speed
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 am

The stats are even but there is no context to them. For example with Raza. He gave away a his wicket twice in the exact same way when the game was tight. Don't forget these are not pub cricketers like us, they actually get paid a lot of money to be out there. There is absolutely no excuse for that. He has made a nice life for himself through cricket. There is nothing wrong with fans demanding accountability.

We tend to defend guys just for just. Im not saying discard him forever but if you look at how he has been dismissed in the last few test matches its almost identical. If he doesnt want to play test cricket then he should just say so. This was a flat deck. There was no need for any of that. I think there are 2 things that are unacceptable in test batting. Double stepping and missing the ball is 1. A run out is the second. He did it twice. With no consequences he will do it again next week and people will just say oh no it's his natural game. If that's the case then he shouldn't play test cricket. It's like when Mire played that test in Sri Lanka.

Add amount of time spent at the crease and you will add more context.
A few things to consider TapsC

That's the way Raza plays, I didn't see you complaining when his counter attacking innings in Sri Lanka nearly brought victory to Zimbabwe? Raza is the perfect No.6 as he is aggressive and counter attacks, yes his shot in the 1st innings was poor but you will get that every now and then and too be honest I cant remember him playing too many rash shots to get out in Test matches?? His 2nd innings dismissal was more that he was un done with flight rather than being reckless with shot selection, using your feet to the spinners doesn't mean it's being aggressive, I'd say it's being positive.

He wasn't the only one to play a rash shot either, Prince & Regis both played stupid shots in the 1st innings which got them out as well, I would argue it's more of a sin to for those guys because they're not naturally aggressive players and their role is to accumulate and not to attack, with Raza that's his game and he is capable of doing it well.

Mire also never played the Test in Sri Lanka either

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whoever is using the ZCF twitter handle is going at it with Zolsky and his cronies. :lol:
The new lady journalist who’s pushing for a seat at the table is also copping some heat.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:43 am
Whoever is using the ZCF twitter handle is going at it with Zolsky and his cronies. :lol:
The new lady journalist who’s pushing for a seat at the table is also copping some heat.
Fess up lads who is it? lol

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s nobody here, but it’s damned fine because a lot of people read it and this guy has got some shit on his liver and he’s going at it. :lol:
The floodlight story has reappeared and AC is being accused of sidelining 120k :lol:
They’d never let a white guy steal all of that on his own, he’d have to give over 51% :lol: BEE rules and all :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
There is nothing wrong with fans demanding accountability.
HOL UP!!!!!!!!!!!

So you demand accountability for Razas style of play, but back the board when people want to do the same...

I'm not saying the way Raza got out was not silly and that he should work on that part of his game, but you can't put the defeat on him. You can't demand accountability for some and not for others.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Taps can’t but the ZC muppets can :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:13 am
TapsC wrote:
There is nothing wrong with fans demanding accountability.
HOL UP!!!!!!!!!!!

So you demand accountability for Razas style of play, but back the board when people want to do the same...

I'm not saying the way Raza got out was not silly and that he should work on that part of his game, but you can't put the defeat on him. You can't demand accountability for some and not for others.
You are not going to remove the board bro. The players endorsed them in the end. Nobody challenged them when they held the election. There is nothing I can do about them so I honestly focus on the things that can be changed. They also don't have as much control as they used to. The ICC is suffocating them. They might just walk away themselves. This latest domestic league cancellation is actually genuinely not their fault so I have heard. There are some serious money issues and they are covering the cracks by scraping for national player salaries.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 am
TapsC wrote:

The stats are even but there is no context to them. For example with Raza. He gave away a his wicket twice in the exact same way when the game was tight. Don't forget these are not pub cricketers like us, they actually get paid a lot of money to be out there. There is absolutely no excuse for that. He has made a nice life for himself through cricket. There is nothing wrong with fans demanding accountability.

We tend to defend guys just for just. Im not saying discard him forever but if you look at how he has been dismissed in the last few test matches its almost identical. If he doesnt want to play test cricket then he should just say so. This was a flat deck. There was no need for any of that. I think there are 2 things that are unacceptable in test batting. Double stepping and missing the ball is 1. A run out is the second. He did it twice. With no consequences he will do it again next week and people will just say oh no it's his natural game. If that's the case then he shouldn't play test cricket. It's like when Mire played that test in Sri Lanka.

Add amount of time spent at the crease and you will add more context.
A few things to consider TapsC

That's the way Raza plays, I didn't see you complaining when his counter attacking innings in Sri Lanka nearly brought victory to Zimbabwe? Raza is the perfect No.6 as he is aggressive and counter attacks, yes his shot in the 1st innings was poor but you will get that every now and then and too be honest I cant remember him playing too many rash shots to get out in Test matches?? His 2nd innings dismissal was more that he was un done with flight rather than being reckless with shot selection, using your feet to the spinners doesn't mean it's being aggressive, I'd say it's being positive.

He wasn't the only one to play a rash shot either, Prince & Regis both played stupid shots in the 1st innings which got them out as well, I would argue it's more of a sin to for those guys because they're not naturally aggressive players and their role is to accumulate and not to attack, with Raza that's his game and he is capable of doing it well.

Mire also never played the Test in Sri Lanka either
It was the west indies test. My bad.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They don’t pay the FC players, and if they do it’s coke and buns, well maybe not coke as that’s beyond the budget. They may pay them water and buns, or promise to next week.
How much money do you need to play games when you don’t have to pay anyone? If there is an excuse they grab it like a drowning man grabs a life vest.
They want players to play two rounds of the Makoni Cup to get stats for selection? You’re only as good as your last innings so why not one round? Maybe I shouldn’t have suggested that. The players must always be reminded that Mukhulani slimed off and got us banned, lest they forget.