Congrats Kevin Kasuza on test debut!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Congrats Kevin Kasuza on test debut!

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

5 days too late but nevertheless. Excellent knock on debut.

Kevin Kasuza looked very fit and energetic on debut from whatever little I watched. A couple of years ago, it was reported somewhere here in the forums that he had put on a lot of weight and had lost that hunger to take the next step. I thought he would never get a Zimbabwe cap. I remember mentioning his name on a thread of guys who deserved a Zim cap but never got.

I was wondering if he has completely given up his childhood specialization of wicket keeping. He would have made his debut at least a couple of years ago had he been even an occasional keeper - given the lack of consistency of Regis and Richie, indifference meted out to Forster and the desperation to almost pick Mayavo over the years.

Can he still get back to keeping and cement his place in the side with the additional role?

Googly

Re: Congrats Kevin Kasuza on test debut!

Post by Googly »

It’s not easy to be a keeper and an opening batsman in test cricket. When we play two tests a year I guess you could prepare for it. Imagine keeping for 150 overs then padding up to face the last ten overs of the day!
I can’t find much info on it. Farohk Enginer from India seems to have managed it the longest, with 48 innings.
I think Alec Stewart had a few innings, McCullum maybe?
Hard to find a keeper batsman in the top 5 even.
Sanga’s stats make extraordinary reading- averaged 45 when keeping and 66 when he wasn’t.
It puts Andy Flower’s abilities into perspective.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We have a lot of keepers. The one I want to watch is Murray, but by the time he decides to play cricket here he’ll have 4 degrees and be CEO of Deloitte’s.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:42 am
We have a lot of keepers. The one I want to watch is Murray, but by the time he decides to play cricket here he’ll have 4 degrees and be CEO of Deloitte’s.
:lol:

Don't give ZC any ideas. "Pay to play" already seems to be part of the game at youth level. A 40-year-old with cash to burn must sound like a wet dream to them.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

5 wicket keepers
Mutumbani
Murray
BT
Chakabva
PJ Moor
I doubt if Kasuzu can break in