Your XI for the 2nd Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Your XI for the 2nd Test

Post by jaybro »

Looking at the XI for the second Test I think most of the side should be the same, obviously Ndlovu has to go, although I wouldn't be surprised if he is retained by these muppets. Kasuza is also unlikely to have recovered in time going off the usual recovery times.

Interesting to see if they pick from within the 15 man squad or if they bring in Moor for Kasuza?? Has Chisoro paid his penance yet?

My XI

Moor
Prince
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza
Regis
Tiripano
Mumba
Jarvis
Nyauchi

Tempted to play both Tshuma and Mumba but I don't know what the pitch will be like and I can't say I know enough about Tshuma do throw him in, plus his stats suggest he can't bat so the tail will be really long if they replaced Tiripano for Tshuma. I would have liked Mashinge to be blooded in this series he can bat and bowls quicker than the three blokes picked for the 1st Test.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Re: Your XI for the 2nd Test

Post by Googly »

This is a good thread.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m betting KJ gets the chop and maybe Raza.
It all depends on what deck they think will give them the outcome they want, and even though we’re 1-0 a draw may be better than a whitewash- such a politically incorrect term!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Don't see how dropping Jarvis makes sense. He is the best bowler we have. The team is probably as good as we have barring political decisions going on and players being discarded...but really the only guy who should get dropped is Ainsley.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

They like Jarvis. Notice how when there was a strike Jarvis played. it's also good that we got to see that Mudzinganyama wasn't ready so PJ should come back if Kasuza isn't ready.

PJ (dodgy footwork against some good pace bowlers but he is the best option)
Prince
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza(don't be surprised if Maruma takes his place :lol: )
Regis
Tiripano
Jarvis( they like him but maybe they will give Tshuma a go)
Mumba
Nyauchi

If we had a more reliable top 7 I would add Tshuma for Don. He has something in him but Don for now is necessary.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Well, Mudzinganyama wasn't exactly too great on debut. Ndlovu needs to go. Here's mine:

Moor
Masvaure
Ervine
Taylor
Williams (c)
Raza
Chakabva (w)
Tiripano
Jarvis
Mumba
Nyauchi

Williams and Raza have a lot of responsibility to bowl well. Don isn't too incisive but he's been consistent which Zimbabwe need. Jarvis is our best bowler so that's that. Nyauchi had a good game, 3 more wickets each innings from him would be nice. Mumba has raw speed which is pretty important as Lakmal, Kumara and co. showed us. Ndlovu out for sure. What's the deal with Tendai Chisoro?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whatever deck they may prepare for Mumba will be well utilized by Kumara and Lakmal.
Lakmal bowled his heart out, and he’s a clever bowler.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:02 am
Whatever deck they may prepare for Mumba will be well utilized by Kumara and Lakmal.
Lakmal bowled his heart out, and he’s a clever bowler.
I feel like Jarvis had bowled again he would have been as good as Lakmal. Lakmal went a long time without a wicket in the first innings as well. Chatara is the big miss. He takes early wickets regularly.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It would be really sad if Kasuza has to miss another test. What an unfortunate start for a career :(

Googly

Post by Googly »

Agreed. He needs to play. It’s not hard to get a clean bill of health here. Harare Hospital will sort that for him.